The mission of South Suburban College is to Serve our Students and the Community through lifelong learning.
SSC is dedicated to:
- High quality education, training, and services for all individuals who have the ability to benefit from our programs.
- Programs that are accessible and affordable provided to a diverse community of learners.
- Training delivered in collaboration with local businesses.
- A community of staff, faculty, and students that create an environment and resources for learning.
- Up-to-date facilities and technology that help prepare students for transfer to baccalaureate programs or the job market.
- Provide credit courses and associate degree programs for academically prepared students to assist them in preparing for effective transfer to a four-year college or university. The College will be accountable for the quality of academic programs and the assessment of learning.
- Provide high quality, accessible, and affordable credit courses and associate degree and certificate programs for academically prepared students to assist them in preparing for occupations that require career education beyond the high school level.
- Provide developmental instruction in reading, writing and mathematics skills to students requiring these skills in order to succeed in other college programs or to complete a high school Equivalency or GED program, and to expand adult education.
- Increase the number and diversity of students who complete training and educational programs by providing academic advising, learning resources and supportive services, such as specialized learning assistance, for students with a wide range of academic needs.
- Partner with local businesses and industry to sustain strong economic growth and to maintain a competitive workforce. The College will provide universal technical skills training to qualify community residents for employment, and will assist businesses in workforce development.
- Complement classroom instruction with student opportunities through workplace internships, cooperative education and other work-based learning approaches.
- Offer activities, services, and programs that enhance student life and enrich the educational experience of the student to increase knowledge of societal and civic responsibilities in a complex society. Design and implement programs that develop student leadership, ethical decision-making, and international cultural understanding.
- Collaborate with area elementary and secondary school districts to develop and provide educational services to their students and staff.
- Provide high quality educational programs by utilizing quality measures such as, input from advisory committees, assessment of student learning outcomes, and recommendations from our accrediting agencies.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility by continually improving productivity, cost effectiveness, and accountability.