SOUTH HOLLAND, IL The South Suburban College Baseball Program and Head Coach Steve Ruzich will be conducting Adult-Child Baseball Camps in February for boys and girls. The camps will feature sessions for pitching, catching, hitting and fielding while providing adults and children the opportunity to improve their knowledge of baseball skills and techniques.
Kids will be given expert instruction and time to practice and improve their skills through a variety of station drills. Adults will be taught how to use effective teaching methods, provide instruction using proper skill techniques, and utilize effective drills. The campers will work together, have fun, and develop talents in a wholesome, supportive environment.
Ruzich has coached the SSC Baseball Program for the past 25 years with a winning record of 911-514. Not only has he enjoyed success as a college coach and player, he has also established himself as a reputable youth baseball camp director around the state and continues to work with the Chicago White Sox in the Fundamentals program. In addition to Ruzich's instruction, SSC baseball players will be on hand to help the campers develop and improve their skills. The players' enthusiasm and expertise always adds to the camp's success.
The cost is $45 for one adult and one child per camp, and $40 per camp if enrolled in more than one. The cost is $30 for each additional child.
The camp schedule is as follows:
- Friday, February 10, 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, February 18, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Saturday, February 11, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Sunday, February 12, 12 noon - 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 19, 2:00 p.m. 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 11, 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 12, 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 17, 6:30 p.m. 9:00 p.m.