To promote community volunteerism in 1st Ward residents, and encourage ongoing continuing education.
Shirley Drewenski, 1st Ward Alderman. Alderman Drewenski in conjunction with South Suburban College (SSC) will offer grant scholarships valued up to $300 per semester at SSC through their Continuing Education Department for individuals over 10 years old. Value is based on Continuing Education course/program cost.
- Applicants must be a 1st Ward resident from the City of Harvey.
- Applicants must demonstrate community leadership and/or activism.
- If the applicant is a minor, written parent consent is required.
- The scholarship is neither refundable nor transferable to another individual.
- Applicant shall communicate with the 1st Ward Alderman via email at email@example.com for pre-approval, to determine eligibility and to confirm funding is still available.
- Student records will be reviewed by the Foundation staff and the 1st Ward Advisory Committee.
- The Foundation will contact the applicant within four (4) business days to inform the applicant of the scholarship award decision.