The GELITA USA – Chicago Gelatine Scholarships are presented to two (2) SSC students for use in the Summer, Fall or Spring semesters. The two (2) $1000 scholarship awards will recognize returning adults or freshmen students attending South Suburban College. The scholarship awards covers educational costs such as tuition, fees and books at South Suburban College.
- Must enroll in a minimum of nine (9) credit hours per semester.
- Must have a 2.7 grade point average.
- Must submit an application form and two (2) letters of recommendation.
- Must be a resident of District 510.
- Priority given to applicants who are not receiving other financial aid or employer subsidy.
- South Suburban College staff, Foundation directors, Board of Trustees members and their dependents are not eligible.
- Preference given to family members of GELITA USA – Chicago employees, and residents of Calumet City.