The Office of Communications and Humanities of South Suburban College is accepting applications for a $1,000 monetary scholarship in memory of the late Dr. J. Albert Kindig.
- Applicants must be full-time students at SSC involved in Communications and Humanities and intending to continue their study and/or involvement in the arts at SSC or a transfer institution.
- Applicants must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Faculty member submits a written recommendation to the Office of Communications and Humanities for the student she/he feels best fulfills the requirements for a Kindig Scholarship applicant.
- Faculty member informs student that she/he has been nominated for the scholarship and gives the student an application form.
- Student submits to the Office of Communications and Humanities the scholarship application form, including a 300-word-or-less essay explaining how the scholarship would contribute to the future goals of the student in the arts.
- Transcripts for all the applicants are obtained by the Office of Communications and Humanities from Admissions and Records.
- The Office of Communications and Humanities will forward all application forms, recommendations and transcripts to Mary Kindig to select finalists.
- Mrs. Kindig reviews materials, interviews finalists and makes the final selection.