Our programs place emphasis on a wide range of topics relating to the physical sciences. We focus on the fundamentals of Chemistry, Physics, Astronomy, Geology and Forensic Science and their applications to real world situations. In addition, we incorporate the latest technology into our classroom and laboratory environments.
Our mission is to provide students with the principle foundations of the sciences with a goal of obtaining an AS degree and then transferring to a four-year Institution to complete their studies.
Student Learning Objectives (SLOs)
At the conclusion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the most essential facts from Astronomy, Chemistry, Geology and Physics.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the meaning of important terms from Astronomy, Chemistry, Geology and Physics.
- Distinguish between related but different terms in Astronomy, Chemistry, Geology and Physics.
- Demonstrate the need for experimentation as a basis of Physical Science.
- Perform simple experiments given appropriate materials and direction.
- Write out answers to questions relating to the execution of the experiment.