If you are completing the required coursework for your degree or certificate, you must apply for graduation. Applications for Graduation are only available through SSC Self-Service. If you do not complete and submit the Graduation Application, your degree/certificate may not be awarded. Have questions about the Graduation Application? Please email them to GradApp@ssc.edu.
The 91th Annual Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 19, 2019, in the Physical Fitness and Athletic Center. The Ceremony will be broadcast on Facebook LIVE!
2019 Commencement Ceremony Additional Information
There will be an optional day for additional distribution of tickets on a first-come, first served basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019 in the registration area on the second floor. This is a one-time only extra ticket distribution. Photo ID will be required.
There will be no admittance into the ceremony without a ticket. Children 3 and over must have a ticket. Any younger children must be sitting on a guests lap.
Please do not have family or friends show up at the door without a ticket with hopes to be admitted. Unfortunately, they will be turned away as door attendees do not have any tickets to disperse.
A professional photographer will be on site to capture your graduation moment. The photographer will take photos during the ceremony as you receive your diploma. These optional photos will be offered to you at a nominal price and will be available for review 10 days after the ceremony at: https://events.lifetouch.com/. Guests are allowed to take personal photographs and video, but they must remain seated while doing so.
April 22 – May 16: Cap and Gown Sales in the SSC Bookstore (ALL SALES ARE FINAL)
Hours 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Mon thru Thursday, Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Cap & Gown: $26 (Required)
- Graduation Announcements: $10 (Optional)
- Gold Medallions: $13 (Optional)
May 6: Cap and Gown Sales Late Fee Begins $10
May 14: Deadline for Special Accommodations (Additional Ticket Distribution beginning at 8:00 a.m.)
May 19: Commencement Day
- 11:45 a.m. Graduate line up – Registration area
- 1:30 p.m. Commencement Ceremony begins- Doors open: 12:30 p.m.
Commencement Ceremony Participation Requirements:
- All commencement participants must purchase a new cap and gown from the SSC Bookstore. All sales are final.
- The very last day to purchase a cap and gown for participation in the ceremony is Friday, May 16, 2019. No exceptions.
- Balloons, signs, noisemakers of any kind, or laser pointers will NOT be allowed in Physical Fitness & Athletic Center
- Participants are not allowed to alter or decorate their cap and/or gown.
2019 Commencement Ceremony is Sunday, May 19th