- This event has passed.
April 21 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM| $10
The 2nd annual SSC Music Competition for Young Musicians is for performers from ages 8 to 18 (ages 8-13 in the Junior Artist Division and ages 14-18 in the Senior Artist Division). The winners of this first music competition of the College will be invited to perform their pieces at a SSC concert in 2017-2018.
SSC Music Competition for Young Musicians is from 4:00 p.m. at 6:00 p.m. in Room 1137 on the Main Campus.
All entries must be made in accordance with the following guidelines. Failure to do these will result in disqualification.
- Competition is open to instrumentalists and vocalists. Solos, duets, trios and quartets are accepted.
- There is no minimum time limit but your piece must be a minimum of 32 bars long, not counting repeats. Maximum performance times are: 3 minutes for Junior Artist and 6 minutes for Senior Artist. You must play your piece from memory without cuts. Only standard solo repertoire will be accepted.
- Each participant will be heard by a panel of judges. You must provide two copies of a score for judges to view during your audition.
- All entrants must reside in Cook County in Illinois or Lake County in Indiana OR study with music teachers in these counties.
- Performers must provide accompanist for auditions.
- Winners in the 2016 SSC Young Musicians’ Competition cannot participate.
- The audition fee is $10 for each entrant. Cash or check to South Suburban College is accepted.
- Reservation for your audition is required. You’ll need to call 708-596-2000, ext. 2316 or email at email@example.com.
Winner of this prestigious competition will have the opportunity to play a public performance at a concert of the SSC Music Department during the 2017-2018 season.
For more information, contact Godwin Chou, SSC Music Department Chairman, at 708-596-2000, ext. 2296 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit us online at http://www.ssc.edu/academics/programs-of-study/department-of-music/