VIRTUAL WEBINAR: Building a Company Culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – “Foundational Concepts in DEI”
June 10 @ 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
Facilitated by Diversity & Inclusion expert Coya Castro, this series of webinars is designed to start meaningful conversations that foster profound change that contributes significantly to bridging the gap between diversity divides.
Who should attend?
- Business owners, administrators, C-suite executives
- Supervisors, managers, team leaders
- Human resources professionals
The dates are:
Thursday, June 10th: Foundational Concepts in DEI
- Develop shared meanings of terms
- Understand interaction of racism, power, and privilege
- Discuss experiences and perceptions
- REAL TALK: Emotional stress, trauma, and generational consequences
Thursday, June 24th: Leadership Panel
- Persuade leadership to champion DEI efforts
- Relate DEI to competitive advantage, corporate social responsibility, and branding
- Coach leadership through their own DEI journey
- REAL TALK: Risks, dangers, and rewards
Thursday, July 8th: Operationalizing DEI in the Culture
- What is organizational culture?
- Diversity: Beyond the numbers (talent acquisition and strategic planning)
- Equity: A path to achieve to equality (talent retention and productivity)
- Inclusion: Welcoming, valuing, and leveraging diversity (talent management and competitive advantage)
- Metrics to track
- REAL TALK: What is the point of your DEI initiative?
Thursday, July 22nd
- People of Color affinity group: Self-care and grace (1 hour; concurrent w/White affinity group)
- White people affinity group: Allyship and anti-racism (1 hour; concurrent w/POC group)
- Collective group discussion (30 minutes)
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
As an organizational development consultant, Coya Castro’s ultimate goal is to help ensure the sustainability, health, and growth of organizations in order to maximize the support and empowerment of individuals, families, and communities. She has worked at all levels of organizations from administrative assistant to the executive team. Coya’s education includes: a Bachelor of Arts in Human Development degree from the University of Chicago; a Master of Science in Industrial-Organizational Psychology degree from the University of Phoenix; a Master of Nonprofit Administration degree, a Master of HR Management degree, and several certificates from North Park University. Her expertise includes a multidisciplinary approach to researching and applying best practices in executive/leadership coaching, strategic planning and management, change management, HR, operations, finance, and diversity, equity, and inclusion to improve employee and organizational performance.
1.5. PDCs are available for SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP and HRCI certification holders for each session attended.
The cost is $60 for all four sessions or $20 per session. Once registered and paid, you will be sent a link for the webinar. RESERVATIONS & PAYMENT REQUIRED BY 5:00 P.M. MONDAY, MAY 3rd.
For additional information please call (708) 596-2000 x3254 or e-mail email@example.com.