|COVID-19 Confirmed Cases|
9/27/20 – 10/02/20
|Cumulative Since 3/19/20|
|Table updated on 09/29/2020|
What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
Some cases of coronavirus can be more severe, and individuals experience more serious lower-respiratory tract illnesses like bronchitis and pneumonia. For the elderly, infants and those with weakened immune systems, coronavirus can be even more dangerous.
How can we prevent infections with Coronavirus and other respiratory diseases?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus infection. As with any respiratory virus, students and school personnel can protect themselves and others by taking everyday common sense actions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- South Suburban College Announces Virtual Classroom and Blended Courses for the Fall Semester
- Governor Pritzker Visits Opening of New COVID-19 Testing Site at South Suburban College’s Main Campus in South Holland
- The SSC Physical Fitness and Athletic Center is being utilized as a COVID-19 testing site.
- Please be advised that in light of Governor Pritzker’s new stay-at-home order through May, SSC will extend our facility closure until the start of summer classes on Monday, June 1st.
- The Commencement Ceremony scheduled for June 7th is now postponed as we consider alternate options.
- Classes Will be Offered Through Virtual Classroom Model This Summer at South Suburban College
- South Suburban College has extended our Virtual Classroom Model through the Summer Semester.
- The Book Buyback normally held in May will be postponed. Once we are able to reschedule, we will post up the new dates and times.
- South Suburban College is rescheduling our 2020 Commencement Ceremony for Sunday, June 7, 2020, pending new developments. For more information visit our Graduation Information page.
- South Suburban College Foundation Seeks Student Assistance Donations through New COVID-19 Impact Fund
- South Suburban College to Donate Supplies and Shields to Local Healthcare Providers, Foundation Establishes COVID-19 Impact Fund
- President Lynette Stokes provides a message regarding South Suburban College’s COVID-19 efforts and initiatives. UPDATED 4/17/2020
- South Suburban College to Extend Spring Break through March 22nd
- The NJCAA announces that all athletic activities are suspended until April 3rd.
- SSC is extending Spring Break through March 22nd, however, both campuses remain open for business.
- SSC campus events are suspended through March 22nd.
- SSC suspends all college-sponsored international travel including Study Abroad and Faculty Exchange programs.
- ICCB suspends all Adult Education Programs Tuesday, March 17th through March 30th with a presumed re-opening date of March 31, 2020.