Nancy Burrows has over forty years’ experience in education, business, and not-for-profits, including operations and management. She has been a member of the Business & Career Institute (BCI) of SSC for 14 years, specializing in client solutions and regional projects and successfully helping companies develop and implement training solutions. She is valued for her analytical skills, energy and creative way of looking at things.
An active participant in regional organizations, she serves on many boards and advisory committees:
- South Suburban Small Business Association (SSSBA)
- Chicago Southland Economic Development Corporation (CSEDC)
- Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance (CMRC) Steering Committee
- Chicago Southland Chamber of Commerce Workforce Optimization Team
- Advisory Committee of the Calumet Area Industrial Commission (CAIC)
- Public Arts Commission of Flossmoor
- Collaborates with SCORE at SSC
- Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN) representative
Nancy is an experienced educator, having taught, developed and coordinated numerous programs and workshops in manufacturing, job readiness, basic skills and specialized medical education. Workshops include sales, business etiquette, networking, snow and ice winter operations and small business development. She has successfully written and coordinated many grants.
Mrs. Burrows and her husband, Larry, have three adult sons and three grandchildren. Her husband and sons are all small business owners/operators. She is an avid gardener, reader, jewelry crafter, book discussion leader and lifelong learner.
|Title||Client Solutions and Regional Project Specialist|
|Phone||(708) 596-2000 ext. 3258|
|Staff Department||Business and Career Institute|
Oak Forest Center
16333 South Kilbourn Avenue