SOUTH HOLLAND, IL – South Suburban College will host a 3-hour Seminar on Robert’s Rules of Order on February 10 from 6:00-9:00pm in the MB Financial Room at the college’s main campus. Robert’s Rules of Order is a book that is intended to be a guide for conducting meetings and making decisions as a group. You will learn the reasons for Robert’s Rules of Order, Definitions & Role Playing.
If you do not have a clear understanding of the following, this class is for you:
- Major concept of Robert’s Rules of Order
- Subsidiary Motions
- Privileged Motions
- Incidental Motions
- Motions that bring a question again before the assembly
- Legislative Procedures
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Parliamentary Authorities
- When can the speaker be interrupted, or can they?
- Is a motion debatable?
- What type of Vote is required, a majority, or 2/3?
The cost of the seminar is $39. Please use Course Code: CSC-E92-730. To register call, (708) 596-2000, ext. 2231. For more information about all of SSC’s programs, admissions and registration, please visit www.ssc.edu or contact the Admissions Office at (708) 210-5718.