The McKendree University/Illinois Community College System Foundation Scholarship Partnership will provide two scholarships valued at $14,000 per year ($28,000 over two years) to South Suburban College Phi Theta Kappa graduates. This scholarship program will assist two qualified and deserving graduates in obtaining their baccalaureate degree at McKendree University, an outstanding private, liberal arts college here in Illinois.
- Must be a resident of the state of Illinois.
- Must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) each year.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- Must be a member of Phi Theta Kappa.
- Must have completed the equivalent of four semesters at South Suburban College.
- Must be recommended by South Suburban College.
- Apply and be admitted to McKendree University.
- Deadlines to complete the application: March 15th for the Fall semester and October 15th for the Spring semester.
- Students are eligible for all sources of state and federal aid (MAP, PELL, Stafford Loans, SEOG, etc.) It should be noted that Foundation Scholars will not be eligible for other sources of McKendree University Financial Aid (athletic, co-curricular, academic or otherwise) above and beyond the $8,500 Foundation Scholarship and the $1,500 Phi Theta Kappa award for entering transfer students.
- The Foundation Scholarship is eligible to undergraduate students attending full-time at McKendree University’s main campus (not available for completion programs).
- Foundation Scholars must achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the end of their second semester in order to renew their scholarship for the following year.
- The Foundation Scholarship is not renewable beyond four semesters.
- Apply for admission to McKendree University at www.mckendree.edu
- Complete the Illinois Community College System Foundation Scholarship Application.
- Complete the Illinois Community College System Foundation Scholarship Recommendation Form.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and list McKendree University’s school code: 001722.
- Selection of the Foundation Scholars will be made solely at the discretion of the administration of McKendree University.