Adjunct Librarian – Evenings
Duties will include Reference Desk Service, Library Bibliographic Instruction, and experience or course work with Government Documents is required, which will include coordinating the ordering, renewal, and receipt, bibliographic maintenance, weeding and binding of all GPO materials. The position requires interacting with other library staff to ensure public access, monitor and evaluate library resources and perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program required (Preference will be given to candidates with experience in academic library settings).
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of general reference resources and familiarity with applying emerging technology to information and instructional services.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Coding and Computer programming skills or the willingness and ability to learn.
- Knowledge of modern Information Literacy standards in accordance with the ACRL Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education.
- Knowledge of modern reference standards in accordance with the RUSA Guideline for Reference/Information Services.
This is a part-time position as an adjunct librarian. The minimum starting salary for this position is $16.25 – $19.25 per hour. The hours are Monday – Friday, 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Salary determined by previous experience working in a library, teaching experience, working in academic library, additional computer and technology skills.
Please submit letter of application, licensure credentials, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
**In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.**