Full Time, Grant Funded – Adult Career Coach
Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Previous experience in WIA/WIOA Case Management
- Administer the Basic Adult Education (TABE) Test and interpret scoring
- Knowledge of operating procedures and policies within the South Suburban College Job Training Department and the Chicago Cook Workforce grant programs
- Conduct comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, environmental, socio-economic, financial, employment, housing and educational information to determine WIA/WIOA eligibility criteria
- Provide post-employment follow up to help ensure retention
- Develop, prepare and conduct informational and training workshops
- Coordinate and schedule career/job fairs
- Strong knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint to produce high quality reports, presentations or other documents
- Conduct regular ongoing individual meetings with clients for job search, education, job retention, and/or job readiness
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree
- Two years of customer service experience, preferably in Workforce or Career Development
- Must have general knowledge of WIOA programs, policies and procedures
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Bachelor’s Degree.
This is a regular full-time Grant-funded position for 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of grant funds. The annual salary is $35,000.
April 3, 2020
May 18, 2020
Submit letter of application and resume to: email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245.