Dean of Nursing
Description Of Position:
The Dean of Nursing is an experienced educator who will provide strategic leadership for the planning, development, assessment, evaluation, and continuous improvement of the Nursing Department.
- Provides leadership and management for all the areas of the Nursing Department.
- Develops and maintains relationships and correspondence with IDFPR, ICCB, and Nursing accrediting agencies.
- Overseas the management of the BNAT program.
- Improves outcomes assessment activities and retention activities to support student success.
- Align program policies and procedures with college and outside regulatory agencies.
- Ensures program accountability efforts.
- Effectively plans and manages the budget.
- Develops and collaborates with department chair and faculty to create and staff the academic schedule.
- Staffs courses in collaboration with the department chair and faculty.
- Establishes and submits payroll.
- Handles student issues and concerns.
- Organizes the tenure process and faculty evaluations per contractual guidelines.
- Assists and supports instructional technology initiatives.
- Supports faculty in the development and maintenance of the nursing curriculum.
- Coordinates articulation and course transferability.
- Participates in district, state, and community committees and outreach activities.
- Coordinates annual meeting with the Nursing Advisory Board.
- Organizes high-school articulation meetings, open house, etc.
- Master’s in Nursing required, along with current state nursing license which could be transferable to Illinois.
- 5 years of college-level teaching experience in nursing required.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Accreditation experience.
- Experience in nursing curriculum development and assessment.
- Experience with clinical arrangements and agreements.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Doctorate degree from regionally accredited institution of higher education.
- Previous administrative experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Ellucian a plus.
Annual Salary – $100,000 with Benefits
July 1, 2019
May 15, 2019
Submit letter of application, resume, and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.