Director of Financial Aid
Treasurer/Vice President of Administration
The Director of Financial Aid will provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the Financial Aid Office including policy development and long-range planning.
- Master’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of financial aid experience.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with prior supervisory experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of student aid regulations, including all Title IV programs and State programs.
- Experience with and knowledge of the Ellucian Colleague based Financial Aid System.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, staff and outside agencies with a commitment to service.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Experience and knowledge of Colleague.
- Financial aid experience in the community college sector.
- Experience with the various programs administered through the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- Experience implementing an effective student loan default management prevention program.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Must have full understanding of the financial aid process, verification and distribution of funds.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the policies and procedures that are relative to the operation of the Financial Aid Office.
- Supervises all facets of the delivery of Veterans Affairs; evaluation, awarding, and billing.
- Assumes responsibility for all financial aid programs, including scholarships, grants, and Federal Work Study (FWS).
- Sets up administrative procedures for the effective processing for all federal and state grants and scholarships.
- Recommend and implement college policies concerning financial aid funding, awarding, and disbursing.
- Coordinate the awarding and reconciliation of all Federal, State, and institutional funds.
- Completion of reports for Federal and State agencies, annual audits, and program reviews. Complete all applications for funding (FISAP,etc.)
- Direct efforts to inform students, parents and other appropriate agencies of financial opportunities.
- Supervise staff, including hiring, assignment of job duties, and evaluation.
- Provide direction to staff on professional judgment issues concerning special situations with students and parents.
- Determine eligibility and award funds to students according to applicable regulations.
- Direct liaison with Information Technology Division regarding development and implementation of Colleague enhancements and problem resolution.
- Develop and Initiate budget recommendations concerning areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with the SSC Foundation in awarding of funds and reporting functions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve on various college committees as requested.
May 18, 2020
Please submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.