IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANT: South Suburban College values diversity in its workforce. The college places particular emphasis on those applicants who can demonstrate an interest in, knowledge of, and commitment to the educational and professional development of the College’s diverse work and academic environment. Applicants who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
For hearing-impaired assistance, please call (708) 210-5732.
The Federal Work-Study Program at South Suburban College is overseen by the College & Career Success Center & the Financial Aid Office.
South Suburban College may request copies of student worker candidate class schedules and financial aid award letters. All applications and supporting documents will remain on file with the College for at least six (6) months following submission. All materials submitted by successful applicants will be maintained by South Suburban College as part of the personnel file.
All individuals applying for a security-sensitive position at South Suburban College are required to complete a fingerprint-based criminal background investigation prior to the onset of employment with the College. The refusal to complete a fingerprint based criminal background investigation will prevent an applicant from continuing with the interview process. In the event the criminal background investigation results in a questionable finding; the matter shall be handled according to South Suburban College Board Policy 413.02.
- Not all students will be eligible for Federal Work study Program as it is based on financial need.
- Students may work up to 20 hours per week.
- Art and Design Student Worker
- Athletic Department Student Worker
- Circulation Assistant
- Electronic Engineering Assistant
- Front Desk Attendant – Academic Assistance Center (2 positions)
- Front Desk Attendant – Financial Aid (2 positions)
- Front Desk Attendant – Veterans Center (2 positions)
- Front Desk Attendant – Workforce Equity Initiative Grant Funded Program (WEI) (1-2 positions)
- Note Taker (4-5 positions)
- Physical Plant Clerical Assistant
- Security (unarmed)
- Student Ambassador – College & Career Success Center
- Student Ambassador – Student Life and Leadership (2 positions)
- Student Lab Worker
- Student Office Assistant
- Student Worker/Assistant to Administrator & Lab Supervisor
- Tutor (4 positions)