Academic Assistance Center
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of the Academic Assistance Center, peer and professional tutors are responsible for providing individual and group tutoring, supporting department operations and participate in mandatory training. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have current-year FAFSA completed.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have an unmet financial need.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Must be pursuing an approved educational degree or certificate.
- Must have a minimum overall G.P.A. of 2.5 on a 4.0 system.
- Must have an “A” in the subject tutored.
- Must be able to tutor a few subjects.
- Must be able to work in person on the SSC main campus.
- A South Suburban College faculty referral or recommendation (preferred).
This is a part-time position students may work up to 20 hours a week, hourly rate $9.25.
Open until filled.