Academic Assistance Center
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the Manager of the Academic Assistance Center, peer and professional tutors are responsible for providing individual and group tutoring, supporting department operations and participate in mandatory training. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a minimum overall G.P.A. of 3.5 on a 4.0 system.
- Must have an “A” in the subject tutored.
- Must be able to tutor a few subjects.
- Must be currently enrolled in South Suburban College.
- A South Suburban College faculty referral or recommendation (preferred).
This is a part-time position students may work up to 20 hours a week, hourly rate for students with 3.5 GPA is $13.00.
Open until filled