REVISED March 11, 2022
Full Time Accountant I
Business & Accounting Services
Performs professional accounting and auditing work of an advanced nature; assumes responsibility for major components of the Business and Accounting Services office and oversees activities surrounding programs, operations, and systems pertaining to accounts management on a college-wide basis.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for the organization and reconciliation of student accounts.
- Provides direct assistance to students; assists in residency questions as required.
- Acts as back-up to other staff as required.
- Performs a variety of routine and difficult calculations using a variety of office equipment, as required.
- Manages daily transaction functions such as stop payments, generating receipts and daily cash balances; transfers funds; reviews accounts for accuracy and completion.
- Solves unusual or difficult problems, rectifies, revises, or adjusts account records, as authorized.
- Audits and compares entries by tracing and following transactions as reported in a variety of records; prepares trail balances, maintains worksheets, verifies information.
- Assists with the development and installation of accounting systems and procedures; consults with staff and supervisors concerning policies and procedures.
- Maintains control over financial records and ensures conformity to standards, laws, rules, and regulations, as well as generally accepted accounting principles.
- Associate degree or its equivalent in financial or accounting subjects.
- Two (2) years on the job experience.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a full-time support staff position for 35 hours a week, 52 weeks a year classified Grade VIII on the support staff salary schedule. The annual salary is $38,246.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
April 18, 2022
March 23, 2022
Submit letter of application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245.
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.