Technical/Professional/Exempt – Full Time, Executive Assistant
Vice President of Academic Services’ Office
Description of Position:
The Executive Assistant will perform diverse administrative duties to assist the Vice President with the overall management and efficiency of the Vice President of Academic Services’ Office. This position requires an individual with initiative, who is comfortable working under pressure and handling confidential materials, has knowledge of College policies and operations; and performs a variety of highly skilled clerical and administrative functions in a normally independent manner. Schedules appointments/meetings and maintains calendar of appointments for the Vice President of Academic Services and VP of Accreditation and Institutional Effectiveness; maintains course outline and articulation records; maintains faculty records for PGU and web course development; organizes student grade and academic conduct appeals; provides secretarial function for Academic Standards Committee, Curriculum Committee, and the Outcomes Assessment Committee; organizes late withdrawal process for students, and performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the Vice President’s Office consistent with the role of this position.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a high-volume customer service/college setting.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; ability to work with all college staff, and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and/or other word processing software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Take dictation and transcribe notes on a computer, or transcribe from voice recordings.
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m. with minimal errors.
- Data Entry Skills – ability to perform 100-133 keystrokes per minute with minimal errors.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
This is a regular full-time Technical/Professional/Exempt position for 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. The annual salary is $54,000.
November 18, 2019
October 8, 2019
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.