Technical/Professional/Exempt – Full Time, Executive Assistant
Vice President of Administration
Description of Position:
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Administration, participates in the effectuation of selected policies and procedures as they relate to the administration of the programs of the division where assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Confers with superiors in the correct interpretation and installation of programs and procedures; refers special problems to division head unless otherwise directed.
- Acts as liaison for department with inter and intra- collegiate groups and committees; makes presentations to discuss and interpret college program(s) to groups and agencies.
- Develops and maintains good working relations with staff, faculty, program participants, the public and the media relative to the successful execution of scheduled events.
- Contacts public and college officials concerning activities and events and acts on behalf of college or superiors to discuss and resolve logistic problems and other issues.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-3 years’ experience as an administrative assistant, preferably in a high-volume customer service/college setting.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills; ability to work with all college staff, and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Microsoft Office Testing – ability to pass Word, Excel, and Outlook basic tests with minimal errors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Take dictation and transcribe notes on a computer or transcribe from voice recordings.
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m. with minimal errors.
- Data Entry Skills – ability to perform 100-133 keystrokes per minute with minimal errors.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred.
This is a regular full-time Technical/Professional/Exempt position for 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. The annual salary is $54,000.
June 14, 2021
May 18, 2021
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.