Financial Aid Advisor
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Advisor will provide assistance, determine eligibility and process approved Federal Financial Aid, State of Illinois Monetary Awards and other financial assistance programs for students and handle the special needs of Veterans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review admission and academic records before approving any tuition and/or educational benefits.
- Distributes necessary documentation to students for the GI Bill, Illinois Veterans Grant, Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation, and the Illinois National Guard.
- Certifies enrollment forms for students participating in the Montgomery GI Bill.
- Also completes annual school calendar and course update form and submits form along with other requested documents to state approval agency for veterans.
- Conducts credential review of all veterans in cooperation with the Office of Admissions.
- Conducts an annual audit of the VA files and reports the findings in writing to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Monitors weekly for adds and drops to be reported to the Veterans Administration.
- Approve all financial aid including Pell, ISAC, Veterans, private scholarships, and any other financial assistance when proper documentation is received.
- Processes and packages Pell Grants for students.
- Sets appointments for Dependent Overrides and special conditions.
The duties listed are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally performed under a job title or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee’s normal line of work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree.
- Two or more years of Financial Aid Experience.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three or more years of Financial Aid Experience.
This is a full-time Support Staff, Grade IX position for 35 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Classified as Grade IX on the Support Staff salary schedule. The annual salary is $40,208.
Open Until Filled
July 12, 2021
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.