Financial Aid Coordinator
Student & Enrollment Services
Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Under the general direction of the Director of Financial Aid, coordinates the Financial Aid office in a manner which guarantees the goals, procedures, College policies and practices are adhered to.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinates the operation of all financial aid services.
- Supervises and trains all part-time, temporary and student workers.
- Acts as a liaison with the U.S. Department of Education, Illinois Students Assistance Commission, and the Veterans Administration.
- Supervises the Pell Grant Disbursement check run.
- Coordinates the financial aid appeals process.
- Coordinates the annual financial aid file review.
- Supervises the approval of financial aid awards including Pell Grant, MAP Grant, Veterans Benefits, private scholarships, and other aid.
- Coordinates the processing of students in the provision of verification documents required by law.
- Assists the Director of Financial Aid with the preparation of an annual financial aid audit.
- Coordinates Pell Grant Book Vouchering system. Audits all book charges and notifies the Business & Accounting office of any billable charges.
- Coordinates the completion and submission of payment vouchers in the MAP and IIA programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree.
- Three to five years of experience working with financial aid in a community college environment.
- Through knowledge of all federal, state and VA regulations related to financial aid.
- Knowledge of various federal, state local and private scholarship rules and regulations regarding eligibility of
Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s degree.
This is a regular full-time support staff position for 35 hours a week, 52 weeks a year classified Grade XI on the Support Staff Salary Schedule. The annual salary is $44,644.
April 15, 2022
Open until position filled.
Submit letter of application and resume to: email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245.
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.