Full Time, Technical/Professional/Exempt – Financial Aid Advisor
Description of Position:
The Financial Aid Manager will be responsible for assisting the Director in the operation of the Financial Aid Office.
- To ensure that the office is adequately staffed at all times.
- To oversee the hiring and supervision of all student workers.
- Manage the VA certification process and oversee the certification of all VA students and the disbursement of advance payment for students.
- Oversee the College’s participation in the Illinois Veterans Grant and National Guard grant as administered by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission.
- Assists the Director in the preparation of the annual FISAP and related reports.
- Provides computer overrides for students in cases where other FA staff are unable to enter an award for a student.
- Assists the director in calculating and posting of pro-rata refunds.
- Assists the director in counseling students with special circumstances.
- Ensures adequate segregation of duties between performance, review and record keeping.
- Associates Degree
- Five or more years of Financial Aid Experience.
- Ability to present complex information to a diverse audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous managerial experience in an educational setting.
- Must have strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and be able to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially in conflict resolution.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience with report writing in Business Objects.
- Familiarity with Perceptive Software ImageNow document imaging system or similar package.
- Extensive experience with Financial Aid Module of (Datatel) Colleague Computer System with an emphasis on the technical aspects of the day to day operations.
This is a Technical/Professional/Exempt position for 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. The annual salary is $50,975.
October 18, 2019
November 18, 2019
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.