Full-Time Nursing Lab Supervisor
Description of Position:
Supervises the maintenance and use of the two College nursing laboratories and classrooms; assists students in use of learning materials and equipment.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the two nursing laboratories (i.e., clinical simulation lab and the general nursing lab) for use by faculty and students as a part of nursing courses. Assist faculty with setting up clinical simulation activities; sets up a variety of equipment such as VCR’s, video tape players, projectors, computers, camcorders, demonstration equipment, instructional technology equipment, clinical simulation mannequins, and other associated teaching/learning materials.
- Assumes responsibility for independently maintaining adequate supply of teaching/learning materials; orders supplies as needed, meets special requests of faculty for nursing laboratory demonstrations; maintains a computerized current inventory of supplies, departmental video/computer resources materials, instructional technology and other media equipment. Maintains a computerized inventory of medical equipment for all labs.
- Oversees previewing activities of software and other media as requested by faculty for use in the nursing classroom/laboratories.
Maintains clinical compliance for faculty and students.
- Schedules use of laboratories by faculty and students providing for security of equipment and materials.
- Disposes of damaged nursing teaching supplies and equipment. Assumes the responsibility of establishing and maintaining a system for removing disposable “sharps” from the nursing laboratory; orders replacement parts for laboratory equipment and whenever possible, repairs items.
- Maintains a schedule of laboratory equipment and instructional technology usage.
- Independently establishes and maintains a positive contact with students, faculty, adjunct faculty and other school personnel as well as a variety of nursing-related vendors, associations, schools, hospitals and agencies to ensure effective use of labs and availability of supplies for purchase or rental purposes in the most economical manner.
- BSN/BS degree in Nursing.
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Evidence of continuing education as required by Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR)
Computer proficiency required.
- Must possess the physical abilities and knowledge to operate a variety of equipment, lift objects, store equipment and carry supplies to the other campus.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Access preferred.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience as a registered nursing (RN) in Medical-Surgical nursing preferred
This is a regular full-time support staff position for 35 hours a week, 40 weeks based on academic calendar year, classified as Grade XIV on the Support Staff Salary Schedule. The annual salary is $47,885.
February 19, 2019
January 7, 2019
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.