Full-Time Nursing Lab Supervisor
Description of Position:
Supervises the maintenance and use of the two College nursing laboratories which includes labs of other programs under nursing, assists students in use of learning materials and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the two nursing laboratories (i.e., clinical simulation lab and the general nursing lab) for use by faculty and students as a part of nursing courses. Assist faculty with setting up clinical simulation activities; sets up a variety of equipment such as VCR’s, video tape players, projectors, computers, camcorders, demonstration equipment, instructional technology equipment, clinical simulation mannequins, and other associated teaching/learning materials.
- Assumes responsibility for independently maintaining adequate supply of teaching/learning materials; orders supplies as needed, meets special requests of faculty for nursing laboratory demonstrations; maintains a computerized current inventory of supplies, departmental video/computer resources materials, instructional technology and other media equipment. Maintains a computerized inventory of medical equipment for all labs.
- Oversees previewing activities of software and other media as requested by faculty for use in the nursing classroom/laboratories.
- Maintains clinical compliance for faculty and students.
- Schedules use of laboratories by faculty and students providing for security of equipment and materials.
- Disposes of damaged nursing teaching supplies and equipment. Assumes the responsibility of establishing and maintaining a system for removing disposable “sharps” from the nursing laboratory, orders replacement parts for laboratory equipment and whenever possible, repairs items.
- Maintains a schedule of laboratory equipment and instructional technology usage.
- Independently establishes and maintains a positive contact with students, faculty, adjunct faculty and other school personnel as well as a variety of nursing-related vendors, associations, schools, hospitals and agencies to ensure effective use of labs and availability of supplies for purchase or rental purposes in the most economical manner.
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Evidence of continuing education as required by Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR).
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must possess the physical abilities and knowledge to operate a variety of equipment, lift objects, store equipment and carry supplies to the other campus.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- BSN/BS degree in Nursing
- Experience with MS Word, Excel and Access preferred.
- 1-2 years of clinical experience as a registered nursing (RN) in Medical-Surgical nursing preferred.
This is a regular full-time support staff position for 35 hours a week, 40 weeks based on academic calendar year, classified as Grade XIV on the Support Staff Salary Schedule. The annual salary is $50,236.
As Soon as filled.
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to: email@example.com orOffice of Human Resources