Full-Time Sociology Instructor
Social & Behavioral Science
- Teach a broad range of Sociology courses determined by the evolving needs of the department. Typical load is five classes per semester each semester, five days a week.
- Experience teaching diverse students at various levels of college-preparedness and non-traditional students is highly desirable.
- Candidate responsible for academic outcomes assessment, data collection and analysis reports.
- Master’s Degree in Sociology or at least 18 hours graduate credit in Sociology.
- Two years teaching experience. Candidate should be versed in teaching courses in Introduction to Sociology, Social Problems, Marriage and the Family and Juvenile Delinquency sociology courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as exemplified in their instructional design and teaching experience.
- College teaching experience required.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, data collection, and analysis reports.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Doctorate degree or admission into a Doctorate Program in Psychology.
- 4-5 years teaching experience teaching at a community college and clinical experience.
This is a regular full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
August 15, 2019
June 15, 2019
Submit letter of application, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.