Campus Police Dispatcher (EVENINGS – 3:30pm-10:30pm)
Performs clerical duties of a predominantly complex, difficult, technical and confidential nature for the head of a department. Requires an extensive working knowledge of office practices, procedures and unit organization; assumes responsibility for specific functional activities or components of the office in addition to administrative assistant duties.
Performs clerical, duties of a predominantly complex, difficult, technical and confidential nature for a head of a major department.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all information, data, reports, operations and activities of the campus police department.
- Answers phones, receives visitors, handles complaints or problems, and assesses problems or inquiries for referral to supervisor.
- Achieve and maintain certification in CPR, first aid, AED operation and operation of LEADS.
- Operate and respond to SSC Police and Campus personnel 2-way radios. Monitor fire alarms systems and dispatch emergency personnel and equipment when necessary.
- Monitor surveillance cameras.
- Process and update parking citations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Ability to complete certification program for Law Enforcement Agencies Date System (LEADS).
- Possess a current Illinois Drivers License.
- Have no criminal record of convictions of felonies or misdemeanors.
- May be required to pass a physical examination.
- 24 months previous work experience in a campus police or business office.
This is a full-time support staff position for 35 hours a week, 52 weeks a year classified Grade VIII on the support staff salary schedule. The annual salary is $36,403 plus shift differential.
November 18, 2019
October 30, 2019
Submit letter of application and resume to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.