Librarian: Full-Time Tenure Track
Duties will include day and some evening hours at the Reference desk, and Library Bibliographic Instruction, experience or course work with Government Documents is required, which will include coordinating the ordering, renewal, receipts, bibliographic maintenance, weeding and binding of all GPO materials. The position requires interacting with other library staff to ensure public access, monitor and evaluate library resources and perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, Library and Information Science from an American Library Association accredited program required (Preference will be given to candidates with experience in academic library settings).
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of general reference resources and familiarity with applying emerging technology to information and instructional services.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
- Must meet the responsibilities of a tenure-track appointment by demonstrating focus, initiative, and innovation in job performance, professional development, research, creativity and service.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a regular full-time tenure track faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
August 15, 2019
Until position is filled.
Please submit letter of application, licensure credentials, resume and transcripts to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
**In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.**