Position: Full-Time Tenured Instructor Graphic Design and Media Arts
Art and Design & Communication & Humanities
The candidate will have a background in graphic design and media arts. They will teach a variety of graphic design and media arts courses with a focus on graphic design, social media and digital media production. They will have experience teaching at the college or university level and has familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, and the ability to utilize innovative modalities for delivering course content. This candidate is expected to maintain current knowledge and skills related to the fields of graphic design and media arts to update and enrich the curriculum.
- Teaches foundational courses in all areas of Graphic Design and Media Arts.
- Designs new and updates existing courses to build a contemporary and forward-looking curriculum integrating elements of graphic design and media art.
- Oversees curriculums for Graphic Design AAS, Media Arts AA and related certificates.
- Contributes to efforts to recruit and retain students.
- Works with college staff to manage and maintain department labs and equipment.
- Maintains proficiencies in current and emerging graphic design and media arts practices.
- Participate in college governance committees, as well as other committees, task forces, and subcommittees.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and administration.
- The candidate will have demonstrated excellent teaching skills, including varied pedagogical strategies.
Expertise in graphic design and media arts practices and principles and in evolving computer software programs and digital design tools.
- Knowledge of contemporary and traditional methodologies in the fields.
- Commitment to teaching a student body diverse in ability, age, ethnicity, race, and sexual orientation.
- MA or MFA in Visual Art, Graphic Design, Media Arts or Communications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in graphic design, web design, computer animation, digital art, social media development and audio and video production; and advanced storytelling.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Minimum two years community college or university teaching experience graphic design and media arts.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a regular full-time tenured faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
August 17, 2020
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com.