Full Time Tenured Legal Studies Instructor
The candidate can expect to teach a broad range of legal studies courses determined by the evolving needs of the department. Typical load is five classes each semester, five days a week. Experience teaching diverse students at various levels of college-preparedness and non-traditional students is highly desirable.
- Juris Doctor degree and at time of hiring, a licensed attorney.
- For Paralegal courses, previous experience working with paralegals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to teaching a student body diverse in ability, age, ethnicity, race, and sexual orientation.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Prior college teaching/program coordinating experience in an American Bar Association approved Paralegal Program.
- Prior college teaching/program coordinating experience in Criminal Justice Systems.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, date collection, and analysis.
- Experience with curricula development.
This is a regular tenured full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
August 17, 2020
Please submit letter of application, teaching philosophy, resume and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.