Full-Time Tenured Speech and Drama Instructor
Communications & Humanities
The candidate can expect to teach a broad range of speech and drama courses determined by the evolving needs of the department. Typical load is five classes each semester, five days a week. Experience teaching diverse students at various levels of college-preparedness and non-traditional students is highly desirable.
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Communication Studies, Public Speaking or Fine Arts.
- Three years teaching public speaking at the college level required.
- Experience teaching public speaking and drama classes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to teaching a student body diverse in ability, age, ethnicity, race, and sexual orientation.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Doctorate degree or admission into a Doctorate program in Communication or Communication Studies and/or Fine Arts
- Four or more years teaching public speaking and drama courses at a community college.
- Experience with academic outcomes assessment, date collection, and analysis.
- Experience with curricula development.
This is a regular full-time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
August 17, 2020
Please submit letter of application, teaching philosophy, resume and transcripts to email@example.com