Manager of Instructional Design (TPE)
The Manager of Instructional Design assists faculty in the design, development, implementation and assessment of course content in distance education courses including those that use an online or blended model. Manages the activities of the Teaching and Learning Center.
- Manages the activities of other Teaching and Learning staff.
- Provide support to faculty members in the development of distance education curriculum through consultations, workshops, small groups, tutorials, and other activities.
- Works with faculty to design, develop, implement and assess online, blended, and distance education courses.
- Works with faculty to implement appropriate tools and teaching strategies to accomplish learning objectives across disciplines.
- Identifies innovative and effective learning techniques and explores emerging technologies for instructional use.
Investigates, recommends and participates in the development and implementation of quality control procedures and policies for distance education.
- Works with faculty to apply distance education principles and best practices within the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Develops and maintains resources for the Teaching and Learning website.
- Works with the Distance Education Committee to implement the certification process for faculty teaching online and blended courses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology/Design, Curriculum and Instruction or related discipline.
- One-year online teaching experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to use current and emerging instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design and pedagogical issues related to distance education.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups.
- Must have good interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to communicate effectively in person and in writing.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Master’s degree.
- Community college teaching experience.
This is a Technical/Professional/Exempt position for 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. The annual salary is $55,000.
July 12, 2021
May 14, 2021
Please submit letter of application, licensure credentials, resume and transcripts: email@example.com