Part Time Career Services Programmer – Temporary
Description of Position:
Coordinates the daily operation of the Career Development and Jobs Center and provides career and vocational consultative services and information to users of the center and special supports to workforce grant initiative participants.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports and abides by all rules, regulations, and guidelines of the college and related workforce grants and initiatives.
- Carries out the mission of the career services office and workforce grant initiatives by working collaboratively with workforce grant staff, and Student and Enrollment Services to provide career preparedness opportunities and opportunities to assist students with the career development process.
- Assist in the facilitation of the federal work study program by maintaining an organized referral system for on-campus employment retention in cooperation with the Financial Aid Department.
- Provides orientations and the guidelines of the Federal Work Study Program for student or supervisors where appropriate.
- Provides career preparedness workshops through virtual or in person appointments for the general student population and assists with workforce grant initiative participants and students.
- Provides instructions to career preparedness planning in college experience classes upon request.
- Assists in planning and implementing virtual or in person events such as industry information sessions and job fairs.
- Distributes and posts information on internships, summer jobs, and local part-time jobs.
- Provides information on virtual tools/computer software for Career services.
- Maintains career services online recruitment system and works closely with webmaster to maintain/update career services website.
- Assists in the development of a budget for career based on previous expenditures.
- Supervises career services work study staff.
- Attend all student development and workforce grant initiative related meetings and training events when/where appropriate.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills required.
- Preferred experience in educational setting serving diverse populations.
- One -two years’ experience with career, vocational or occupational services required in educational setting or the equivalent of this in a professional work environment.
- Experience with career assessment inventories.
- Experience with online recruitment and job posting systems.
- Familiarity with virtual platforms.
This is a part-time temporary position for 20 hours a week, 26 weeks a year. The salary is $18.50 per hour.
September 13, 2021
August 10, 2021
Submit letter of application and resume to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245.