Part Time Career Success Coach
Description of Position:
Assists in coordinating the daily operation of the College and Career Success Center and provides career and vocational consultative services and information to users of the center and special supports to workforce grant initiative participants.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports and abides by all rules, regulations, and guidelines of the college and related workforce grants and initiatives.
- Carries out the mission of the College and Career Success Center and workforce grant initiatives by working collaboratively with workforce grant staff and Student and Enrollment Services to provide career preparedness opportunities
Provides career preparedness workshops through virtual or in person appointments for the general student population and assists with workforce grant initiative participants and students.
- Provides career preparedness planning in college experience classes upon request.
- Establishes and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with students, alumni, faculty, employers, and the public.
- Assists in planning and implementing virtual or in person events such as information sessions and job fairs
Distributes and posts information on all incoming positions (internships, part time, full time, etc.) to the Career Central online platform as well as bulletin boards on campus.
- Maintains career services online recruitment system and works closely with webmaster to update career services web site.
- Attends all student development and workforce grant initiative related meetings and training events when/where appropriate.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Progressing toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Experience in educational setting serving diverse populations.
- Six (6) months to one year experience with career, vocational or occupational services required in educational setting or the equivalent in a professional work environment.
- Experience with career assessment inventories.
- Experience with online recruitment and job posting systems.
- Experience using virtual platforms for presentations (Zoom, Teams, etc.).
- Experience using Microsoft tools/systems.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a part-time temporary position for 20 hours per week, 26 weeks per year. The salary is $20.00 per hour.
February 22, 2022
January 19, 2022
Submit letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Room 1245.