Part-Time Behavioral Health Specialist (Workforce Equity Initiative Grant) South Suburban College
Student & Enrollment Services
Description of Position:
The Behavioral Health Specialist plans and administers comprehensive mental health services to participants and potential participants of the Workforce Equity Initiative Grant. This includes, but is not limited to: cognitive behavioral intervention, life skills coaching, crisis intervention, mental health education and promotion, creating prevention programs, and supportive services to promote positive student health and well-being.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is expected to participate in quality improvement initiatives and support national accreditation standards. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and adherence to professional standards, laws, policies and regulations related to mental health services in higher education. The Behavioral Health Specialist must familiar with mental health disorders, environmental and socioeconomic issues that may cause disparities in the health of individuals, and have a high level of comfort interacting with a variety aged population.
To be successful in this role, the Behavioral Health Specialist must have a high level of attention to detail and be proficient in developing treatment plans, conducting assessments, and completing documentation in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Maintain a caseload of up to 300 students who are participating in the Workforce Equity Initiative grant project.
- Prepare and plan weekly sessions with students for maintenance of general well-being, specific mental health disorders, and/or trauma response.Maintain a caseload of up to 300 students who are participating in the Workforce Equity Initiative grant project.
- Prepare and plan weekly sessions with students for maintenance of general well-being, specific mental health disorders, and/or trauma response.
- Provide direct support and training on mental health issues to students and college employees.
- Provide intervention and crisis intervention as needed.
- Write and maintain progress notes and other documentation for all encounters.
- Make appropriate referral for students.
- Provide community presentations as needed or requested.
- Participate in staff and administrative meetings as requested.
- Provide regular reports and presentations as requested.
- Adhere to the goals, objectives, activities and programming outlined in the approved application.
- Assist in the implementation and attainment of approved grant application programming and activities, goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field
- Illinois Licensed Professional Counselor (active and in good standing)
2-4 years of professional experience providing counseling services.
- Experience working with college-aged and returning adult populations.
- Knowledge of mental health needs and trends that affect students in higher education.
- Experience developing treatment plans, conducting mental health assessments, and developing case studies.
- Ability to interact and engage with diverse stakeholders and produce high level results.
- Possess cultural competency, experience working with diverse and underrepresented population, and a strong commitment to racial equity.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Data interpretation skills
Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a temporary grant funded position for 20 hours per week. Pay rate is $30 per hour. This position is funded through September 17, 2020.
November 6, 2019
Please include the title of the position applying for in the subject line. Submit cover letter, resume, licensure credentials (if required), and unofficial transcripts via email to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
**In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.**