Part-Time First Year Experience/Summer Bridge Coordinator (Workforce Equity Initiative Grant) South Suburban College
Student & Enrollment Services
Description of Position:
The First Year Experience/Summer Bridge Coordinator provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of a First Year Experience and Summer Bridge program, retention programming for new students at South Suburban College. In coordination with faculty, staff, and administrators, the position coordinates and facilitates efforts across the college to provide a unified approach to programs and services aimed at supporting admissions, enrollment, retention and persistence of new students and increasing student success and retention.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a First Year Experience/Summer Bridge program.
- Act as a liaison for the First Year Experience/Summer Bridge Program between the Student Development, Student Services, and Academic Instruction areas, and the general campus community.
- Coordinate program training and assignments.
Coordinate with areas across campus to develop and implement marketing and recruitment strategies.
- Evaluate progress of new student programs to ensure continuous improvement and growth.
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive record keeping and student tracking system.
- Develop program-based policies and procedures within the shared governance framework.
- Responsible for the implementation and attainment of approved grant application programming and activities, goals, objectives, and outcomes.
- Provide support and information for project participants.
- Facilitate and support workshops, seminars, fairs, meetings and other events/activities related to First Year Experience and Summer Bridge.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and records of all activities, events, meetings and other programming elements.
Provide reports and presentations as requested.
- Attend grant project, and other meetings as requested.
- Actively participate in the retention and recruitment of students.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- 2 years’ experience working in or closely with a community college.
- 1-year experience in project coordination.
- Knowledge of best practices in retention programming and First Year Experience programming.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and other forms of advanced technology utilized in providing high¬ quality service.
- Modern office methods and practices including filing, proofreading, formatting, report writing and basic bookkeeping and fiscal management Effective writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with program planning and event organization.
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills; confidence in establishing new relationships.
- Solid analytical, creative, and problem-solving abilities with ability to collect interpret and report on both quantitative and qualitative data as it relates to both job opportunities and student experiences.
- Project management skills, being able to simultaneously work on multiple initiatives.
- Able to work well independently.
- Database management and reporting experience.
- Experience working with college-aged and returning adult populations.
- Ability to interact and engage with diverse stakeholders and produce high level results.
- Possess cultural competency, experience working with diverse and underrepresented population, and a strong commitment to racial equity.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Data interpretation skills
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
This is a temporary grant funded position for 20 hours per week. Pay rate is $25 per hour. This position is funded through September 17, 2020.
November 6, 2019
Submit cover letter, resume, licensure credentials (if required), and unofficial transcripts via email to:Office of Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
or email to: email@example.com
**In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.**