Part Time/Temporary Position Tutor (2-4 positions available)
Academic Assistance Center
- HOURS: In-person 8:00am – 8:00pm Monday through Thursday, 8:00am – 2:00pm Friday
- LOCATIONS: SSC Main Campus and Oak Forest Campus.
Under the direction of the Manager of the Academic Assistance Center, tutors provide individual and group tutoring to SSC students and community members on an individual basis. May also be asked to provide small group tutoring for particular subject and populations. Tutors assist with subjects in which they have demonstrated proficiency. Tutoring services are conducted in person and virtually.
- Provide individual and group tutoring assistance.
- Tutor students in person and virtually.
- Complete mandatory trainings including basic tutoring skills and math tutoring workshops.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Comply with SSC policies and procedures.
- Support college initiatives and goals.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Associate Degree or 60 credit hours earned at an accredited institution.
- Previous tutoring experience.
- Minimum 3.2 G.P.A. on a 4.0 system.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Possess technology and communications skills.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Must not be a current SURS retiree.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous tutoring experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with virtual tutoring/ presenting in various platforms such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to work at the SSC Main Campus and Oak Forest Center.
- Evening availability.
- Alumni of SSC.
Proficiency in one or more of the following subject areas: Mathematics, Statistics, English, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy/Physiology, Physics, Geology, or Astronomy.
This is a part time-temporary position up to 20 hours per week. The pay rate is $14 per hour for an Associate degree and
$15 an hour for a Bachelor’s degree. Contracts are renewed on a semester by semester basis.
Until all positions are filled.
Submit letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources
In order to ensure that your information is received in a timely manner, please send to the resumebank. Applications sent to any other email address will not be accepted. Thank you.