Veterans Services Specialist – Part-Time, Temporary
Description of Position:
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Services, the Veterans Services Specialist is responsible for the supervision, management and delivery of services in the Veterans Center to support SSC’s veteran and military affiliated students. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the daily operations and services of the Veterans Center.
- Hire, train and supervise VA work-study employees.
- Facilitate orientations, workshops and trainings to support the sharing of information, resources and best practices.
- Collaborate with college personnel, students and community partners to support initiatives, programs and college goals.
- Participate in events, trainings, meetings, and committees as appropriate.
- Advise student veterans club/association.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- United States veteran or military affiliated (i.e. Family member, US Reserve or National Guard member).
- Earned Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), basic Internet research techniques, and proficiency with virtual platforms-Zoom, Google Meets, WebEx.
- Familiar with joint services credentials.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact and engage with diverse stakeholders and produce results.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Prior experience working with returning adult populations.
- Prior experience working in an academic setting or community college.
This is a temporary, part-time position for 20 hours per week. Pay rate is $20 per hour or commensurate with experience.
Until position is filled.
Please submit cover letter, resume and credentials via email to: email@example.com. Please include a subject line.