SSC Technology Relief Fund resources are allocated to students who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need additional resources to engage in remote learning. Resources are designated on a case-by-case basis through the Division of Student and Enrollment Services at South Suburban College. Laptops are currently being allocated under this funding to help students successfully complete courses in a virtual learning environment.
- Preference will be given to new students, recent high school graduates, and students that have been out of school for more than 1 semester. All student are welcome to apply.
- Recipients must demonstrate a financial need which can include, but is not limited to unemployment,
financial aid, TANIF or other support programs.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the current semester.
- Sign an allocation agreement.
- Participate in online tutoring for courses reflecting a progress grade of C or lower.
- Enroll and complete a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Remain in good academic standing (2.0).
- Check in with a counselor at least 3 times per semester.
- Complete the online application.
- Meet with the Vice President or designee to determine resources needed.
- Meet with counselor to develop semester plan.
- Submit requested documentation.
- Review and Sign Allocation Agreement.
- Pick up resources (by appointment only).
Disbursements & Records
- Allocation of resources is granted to students based on demonstrated financial need.
- Disbursements are made by through the Division of Student and Enrollment Services which manages the SSC Technology Relief Fund.
- Student records and disbursement histories are kept on file in the Office of the Vice President of Student and Enrollment Services.