SSC Technology Relief Fund resources are allocated to students who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and need additional resources to engage in remote learning. Resources are designated on a case-by-case basis through the Division of Student and Enrollment Services at South Suburban College. Resources allocated under this funding include laptops, digital text books, course fees, course software, internet access and other resources necessary to successfully complete courses in a virtual learning environment.
- Preference will be given to new students, recent high school graduates, and students that have been out of school for more than 1 semester. All student are welcome to apply.
- Recipients must demonstrate a financial need which can include, but is not limited to unemployment,
financial aid, TANIF or other support programs.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Sign an allocation agreement.
- Participate in online tutoring for courses reflecting a progress grade of C or lower.
- Enroll and complete a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester.
- Remain in good academic standing (2.0).
- Check in with a counselor at least 3 times per semester.
- Complete the online application.
- Meet with the Vice President or designee to determine resources needed.
- Meet with counselor to develop semester plan.
- Submit requested documentation.
- Review and Sign Allocation Agreement.
- Pick up resources (by appointment only).
Disbursements & Records
- Allocation of resources is granted to students based on demonstrated financial need.
- Disbursements are made by through the Division of Student and Enrollment Services which manages the SSC Technology Relief Fund.
- Student records and disbursement histories are kept on file in the Office of the Vice President of Student and Enrollment Services.