The Paramedic Program trains men and women for positions as emergency medical technicians-paramedics in various settings including ambulance services, fire departments and volunteer emergency care services. Students wishing to be considered for admission to the Paramedic Program must contact one of the approved agencies affiliated with South Cook County EMS Systems at Ingalls Memorial Hospital for additional information and referral.
To qualify for referral, students must:
- possess an EMT-B Illinois license, and
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a graduate from an approved high school or have earned a High school equivalency (HSE) certificate;
- preferably have at least six months work experience
- must complete Application and Testing for admission to the program. Applications and admission procedures can be found at www.regionviiems.com under South Cook County.
- Get admitted into the program by contacting the Coordinator 708-915-6900 for further instructions.
- A photocopy of the student’s current health care insurance must be submitted to each respective program coordinator in order to participate at any clinical education site. Failure to maintain comprehensive health care insurance will result in the student being immediately withdrawn from the clinical site and thereby receiving a failing grade in the clinical education class. Furthermore, the student will be financially responsible to pay all medical bills and co-payments as a result of injuries or health issues that arise from participation of clinical education programs.
- An application should be submitted before the July 1st deadline for the Fall classes.
|Overview for College Success||Credits|
|OCS 121||Overview for College Success||1|
|Overview for College Success (OCS 121) is a class that will help you plan and assist you in becoming a better student and support you in your work/life balance. OCS 121 credit is not calculated in the course minimum credit totals listed in this section.|
|EMS 210||EMS Foundations||3|
|EMS 212||EMS Respiratory||5|
|EMS 214||EMS Trauma||5|
|EMS 216||EMS Cardiovascular||5|
|EMS 218||EMS OB, PEDS||5|
|EMS 220||EMS Medical||4|
|EMS 222||EMS Partnership||4|
|Total Credit Hours:||31|
For questions regarding the Emergency Medical Services Program, please call (708) 915-6900.