The Human Resources Department of South Suburban College works to ensure equal opportunity employment practices for all college employees and those who seek to gain access to employment opportunities at the College. All eligible employees can be assured of participation in the many benefit programs and services offered by the College, as related to their respective employee group.
Areas of responsibility in the Human Resources Department include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits Enrollment and Coordination
- Employee Records Management
- New Employee Orientations
- Employee Training and Staff Development
South Suburban College embraces the concept of nondiscrimination in all areas of employment and educational relations. Equal opportunity in recruitment, employment, and advancement is guaranteed to students, potential students, applicants for employment, and all college personnel regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender-identity, gender-expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, disability, ancestry, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, citizenship status or any other classification prohibited under federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.South Suburban College will provide reasonable accommodations for students’ and employees’ needs based on federal and state statutes.
South Suburban College will protect all individuals from retaliation arising from discrimination investigations, complaints or findings associated with a discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Questions in regard to the EEO shall be made to the Affirmative Action Officer:
College Affirmative Action Officer
Ms. Kim Pigatti
Director, Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
708-596-2000, ext. 5719
These policies are approved and endorsed by the College and Board of Trustees and dictated by federal and state mandates. Employees should read and abide by these policies.
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (410.01)*
- Drug Free Workplace (409.03)*
- Employee and Student Assistance Program (ESAP) (410.03)*
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity (101.02)*
- Ethics in Contracting and Purchasing (310.0)*
- Information Technology Access, Use and Security (212.01)*
- Mandatory Drug Testing (409.04)*
- Smoking / Non-Smoking Regulations (207.02)*
- Social Media Policy (204.02)*
- Violence and Threats of Violence in the Workplace (409.05)*
*Corresponding Board of Trustees Policy & Procedure Manual Number
The Federal Work-Study Program at South Suburban College is overseen by the College & Career Success Center & the Financial Aid Office.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO APPLICANT: South Suburban College values diversity in its workforce. The college places particular emphasis on those applicants who can demonstrate an interest in, knowledge of, and commitment to the educational and professional development of the College’s diverse work and academic environment. Applicants who require assistance with the recruitment process will be accommodated to the extent reasonably possible.
For hearing-impaired assistance, please call (708) 210-5732.
South Suburban College may request copies of student worker candidate class schedules and financial aid award letters. All applications and supporting documents will remain on file with the College for at least six (6) months following submission. All materials submitted by successful applicants will be maintained by South Suburban College as part of the personnel file.
All individuals applying for a security sensitive position at South Suburban College are required to complete a fingerprint based criminal background investigation prior to the onset of employment with the College. The refusal to complete a fingerprint based criminal background investigation will prevent an applicant from continuing with the interview process. In the event the criminal background investigation results in a questionable finding; the matter shall be handled according to South Suburban College Board Policy 413.02.
PLEASE NOTE: Not all students will be eligible for Federal Work study Program as it is based on financial need.
Other part-time student employment may be available. Visit the College & Career Success Center, Room 2250, to check for openings.
Employment Opportunities at South Suburban College
- Full Time Assessment Center Testing Coordinator September 16, 2021
- Full Time Financial Aid Manager (TPE) August 18, 2021
- Full Time Services for Students with Disabilities Office (SSDO) Manager (TPE) August 24, 2021
- Full Time Testing Technician August 25, 2021
- Full Time, Support Staff – Microcomputer Analyst September 14, 2021
- Full Time, Support Staff – Network Specialist September 14, 2021
- Part Time Career Services Programmer August 11, 2021
- Part-Time ASL Interpreter June 22, 2021