The Human Resources Department of South Suburban College works to ensure equal opportunity employment practices for all college employees and those who seek to gain access to employment opportunities at the College. All eligible employees can be assured of participation in the many benefit programs and services offered by the College, as related to their respective employee group.
Areas of responsibility in the Human Resources Department include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits Enrollment and Coordination
- Employee Records Management
- New Employee Orientations
- Employee Training and Staff Development
South Suburban College will protect all individuals from retaliation arising from discrimination investigations, complaints or findings associated with a discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Questions in regard to the EEO shall be made to the Title IX Coordinator (for students) or the Affirmative Action Officer (for employees).
These policies are approved and endorsed by the College and Board of Trustees and dictated by federal and state mandates. Employees should read and abide by these policies.
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (410.01)
- Drug Free Workplace (409.03)*
- Employee and Student Assistance Program (ESAP) (410.03)*
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity (101.02)*
- Ethics in Contracting and Purchasing (310.0)*
- Information Technology Access, Use and Security (212.01)*
- Mandatory Drug Testing (409.04)*
- Smoking / Non-Smoking Regulations (207.02)*
- Violence and Threats of Violence in the Workplace (409.05)*
*Corresponding Board of Trustees Policy & Procedure Manual Number
The On-Campus Federal Work Study Program at South Suburban College is overseen by the Career Development & Jobs Center.
To apply for a position:
- Obtain a Student Employment Application from the Financial Aid office, SSC Main Campus, Room 2234.
- Complete and return the application to the Financial Aid office.
- Applications are reviewed and forwarded to the Career Development & Jobs Center.
- Status of an application may be checked by visiting the Career Development & Jobs Center, SSC Main Campus, Room 2250.
Please note: Not all students will be eligible for On-Campus Federal Work study Program as it is based on financial need.
Other part-time student employment may be available. Visit the Career Development & Jobs Center, Room 2250, to check for openings.
Employment Opportunities at South Suburban College
- Part-Time Grant Funded Behavioral Health Specialist
- Part-Time Grant Funded College to Career Coach (Two (2) Positions)
- Part-Time Grant Funded First Year Experience/Summer Bridge Coordinator
- Part-Time Grant Funded Workforce Equity Initiative Grant Administrator
- Part-Time Grant Funded Workforce Partnership Coordinator
- Full-Time Support Staff Campus Police Dispatcher (EVENINGS – 3:30pm-10:30pm)
- Full-Time Support Staff Custodian I (EVENING SHIFT)
- Full-Time Tenure Track – Nursing Instructor (Behavioral Health)
- Adjunct Instructors Wanted