The Human Resources Department of South Suburban College works to ensure equal opportunity employment practices for all college employees and those who seek to gain access to employment opportunities at the College. All eligible employees can be assured of participation in the many benefit programs and services offered by the College, as related to their respective employee group.
Areas of responsibility in the Human Resources Department include, but are not limited to:
- Benefits Enrollment and Coordination
- Employee Records Management
- New Employee Orientations
- Employee Training and Staff Development
South Suburban College embraces the concept of nondiscrimination in all areas of employment and educational relations. Equal opportunity in recruitment, employment, and advancement is guaranteed to students, potential students, applicants for employment, and all college personnel regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender-identity, gender-expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, disability, ancestry, marital status, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, citizenship status or any other classification prohibited under federal, state or local law, rule or regulation.South Suburban College will provide reasonable accommodations for students’ and employees’ needs based on federal and state statutes.
South Suburban College will protect all individuals from retaliation arising from discrimination investigations, complaints or findings associated with a discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Questions in regard to the EEO shall be made to the Affirmative Action Officer:
College Affirmative Action Officer
Ms. Kim Pigatti
Director, Human Resources
South Suburban College
15800 South State Street
South Holland, IL 60473
708-596-2000, ext. 5719
These policies are approved and endorsed by the College and Board of Trustees and dictated by federal and state mandates. Employees should read and abide by these policies.
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (410.01)*
- Drug Free Workplace (409.03)*
- Employee and Student Assistance Program (ESAP) (410.03)*
- Equal Educational and Employment Opportunity (101.02)*
- Ethics in Contracting and Purchasing (310.0)*
- Information Technology Access, Use and Security (212.01)*
- Mandatory Drug Testing (409.04)*
- Smoking / Non-Smoking Regulations (207.02)*
- Violence and Threats of Violence in the Workplace (409.05)*
*Corresponding Board of Trustees Policy & Procedure Manual Number
The On-Campus Federal Work-Study Program at South Suburban College is overseen by the Career Development & Jobs Center.
To apply for a position:
- Obtain a Student Employment Application from the Financial Aid office, SSC Main Campus, Room 2234.
- Complete and return the application to the Financial Aid office.
- Applications are reviewed and forwarded to the Career Development & Jobs Center.
- Status of an application may be checked by visiting the Career Development & Jobs Center, SSC Main Campus, Room 2250.
Please note: Not all students will be eligible for On-Campus Federal Work study Program as it is based on financial need.
Other part-time student employment may be available. Visit the Career Development & Jobs Center, Room 2250, to check for openings.
Employment Opportunities at South Suburban College
- College Administrator – Dean of Allied Health & Career Programs June 24, 2021
- Full Time Administrative Assistant II – Academic Services Liberal Arts & Sciences June 22, 2021
- Full Time Assessment Center Coordinator June 24, 2021
- Full Time Microcomputer Lab Coordinator June 22, 2021
- Full-Time Nursing Lab Supervisor April 19, 2021
- Full-Time Tenure Track Nursing Instructor June 17, 2021
- Part-Time ASL Interpreter June 22, 2021
- Part-Time Veterans Services Specialist June 22, 2021
Adjunct Instructors Wanted