- SEPTEMBER 11: Crafting Your Best Resume Part 2 (Resume Formatting and Presentation)
- SEPTEMBER 18: Job Search Strategies “Best Practice Approaches in Launching a Job and or Internship Search”
- SEPTEMBER 25: Crafting A Stronger Resume, Power Statements
For more information, contact LaKeishia Buckner-Smith at (708) 210-5748.
Take time to participate in a 20-25 minute workshop to enhance your current knowledge.
The Career Development & Jobs Center is located within the Counseling Center (Room 2250). Services are intended to assist students, alumni, community members, business and industry.
Employers Connect with Job Seekers
Connect with potential employees by posting your employment listing with us. Students, alumni and community members will register with our on-line services. We can help you…
- post jobs for FREE to South Suburban College only
- post jobs for FREE to all consortium members
- schedule on-campus recruitment dates
- attend our annual spring job fair
Job Seekers Connect with Employers
While you’re earning money to pay for college and when you’re close to graduation, you need to link up with area employers who want your skills and motivation. We can help you…
- To scan our online web page for a list of employment opportunities, you must first register with CollegeCentral.com. The information that you provide will not be shared with anyone except the Career Development & Jobs Center at South Suburban College.
- cruise the INTERNET or IDES for job postings
- meet with employer’s on-campus or at the spring job fair
- attend on-campus recruitment days
Making a good career choice means you need to really know yourself–your interests, skills, values, and personality –and then you can find work that fits the real you. We can help you sort this out when you…
- take an ASSESSMENT SURVEY (or 2 or 3!) and explore your options
- meet with a Counselor or Career Advisor to reduce confusion, discuss your hopes and dreams, target a destination and set goals.
Prepare an Effective Job Search Campaign
Be prepared to make a great “first impression” with employers. We can help you…
- use WIN-WAY RESUME software to compose a dynamic resume and cover letter
- get INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATIONS, ideas and editing help from our professional staff
- polish up your INTERVIEWING SKILLS; know what to say and how to say it
- learn successful JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES at our one-hour workshop
- fax your RESUME (for free) to prospective employers