Career Development and Jobs Center COVID-19 Response
SSC’s Career Center is ready to provide our students and community members with the same level of excellent career readiness services while maintaining social distancing standards. We are also here to continue our work with our employers partners in an effort to meet your recruiting needs.
To protect the well being of our staff, students and employer partners starting Monday, April 6 until further notice, all Career Center appointments will be conducted virtually. Virtual appointments can be made via College Central Network. Appointments may take place via conference call or ZOOM. Appointment scheduling is available through College Central Network only.
If you choose a ZOOM appointment, your career adviser will email you a ZOOM link confirming the time of your appointment. If you choose a conference call appointment please be sure to provide your phone number when scheduling your appointment.
*PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings via conference call or ZOOM will be recorded for the safety of our students, community and staff. CONFERENCE CALL DIAL IN: #425-436-6375 ACCESS CODE: 404330
For any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com with the details of your question we will be sure to respond promptly.
The Career Development & Jobs Center is located within the Counseling Center (Room 2250). Services are intended to assist students, alumni, community members, business and industry.
Employers Connect with Job Seekers
Connect with potential employees by posting your employment listing with us. Students, alumni and community members will register with our on-line services. We can help you…
- post jobs for FREE to South Suburban College only
- post jobs for FREE to all consortium members
- schedule on-campus recruitment dates
- attend our annual spring job fair
Job Seekers Connect with Employers
While you’re earning money to pay for college and when you’re close to graduation, you need to link up with area employers who want your skills and motivation. We can help you…
- To scan our online web page for a list of employment opportunities, you must first register with CollegeCentral.com. The information that you provide will not be shared with anyone except the Career Development & Jobs Center at South Suburban College.
- cruise the INTERNET or IDES for job postings
- meet with employer’s on-campus or at the spring job fair
- attend on-campus recruitment days
Making a good career choice means you need to really know yourself–your interests, skills, values, and personality –and then you can find work that fits the real you. We can help you sort this out when you…
- take an ASSESSMENT SURVEY (or 2 or 3!) and explore your options
- meet with a Counselor or Career Advisor to reduce confusion, discuss your hopes and dreams, target a destination and set goals.
Prepare an Effective Job Search Campaign
Be prepared to make a great “first impression” with employers. We can help you…
- use WIN-WAY RESUME software to compose a dynamic resume and cover letter
- get INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATIONS, ideas and editing help from our professional staff
- polish up your INTERVIEWING SKILLS; know what to say and how to say it
- learn successful JOB SEARCH STRATEGIES at our one-hour workshop
- fax your RESUME (for free) to prospective employers