A professional counseling staff serves the academic, vocational and personal needs of students. The counseling staff assists students in determining career choices and in planning programs designed to reach their educational goals.
Individual counseling is available to assist students in developing greater self-awareness and problem-solving ability. Referrals to outside human services agencies are also available in the Counseling Center. Academic advising and Counseling services are available to all students at the Counseling Center.
- Adult Education: Learn about our services for adult education, obtaining your High School Equivalency (HSE), and English as a second language.
- Career Programs: View our list of career programs, short-term certificates, certificates and the Associate of Applied Science degree
- Catalog: Important information about college policies and regulations, the requirements for each degree, and course descriptions for each course offered.
- Course Descriptions: List of Course Codes and Links to Course Descriptions offered by the college.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid and Veteran Services, Financial Aid frequently asked questions, and Scholarship opportunities.
- Placement Testing: Placement testing and schedule, ACT, SAT, CLEP, and DANTES, Illinois test of basic skills, and other testing information including links to practice testing.
- Programs of Study: An overview of all of our programs of study that lead to obtaining a certificate or degree. Includes course requirements and faculty advisors.
- Schedules: View our Current Schedule, Interactive Schedule, and Final Exam Schedules
- Student Services: Links to services for students such as Career Development, Admissions Office and Transfer Center.
- Transfer Programs: View the requirements for Baccalaureate/Transfer Programs, Graduation Requirements for Transfer Associate Degree Programs, along with a direct link to the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) which helps you transfer college credits in Illinois.
- Special Tuition Programs: Did you know South Suburban College makes it easier than ever to return to college. See if you meet the qualifications of one of these waivers for free tuition for one credit class, or if you meet the qualifications for reduced tuition in one of our special tuition programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook:For hundreds of different types of jobs—such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse—the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions