IMPORTANT: The Counseling Center is using Office 365 to allow students to make appointments, get help with academic advising and choosing classes, or get other questions answered during this time the college is operating as Virtual Campus. Go to https://office.com and use your student.ssc.edu email and password to login when prompted. Once on the home screen select the TEAM application to contact the South Suburban College employee you would like to interact with. Just like an in-person visit, virtual communication with counselors will be available during the following hours:
- Linda Bathgate | Monday 11:00am-5:00pm; Wednesday 9:00am-5:00pm; Thursday 9:00am-1:00pm; Friday 12:00-4:00pm
- Leticia Carrillo | Monday 10:00am-5:00pm; Wednesday 10:00am-1:30pm and 2:00-7:00pm; Thursday 10:00am-12:30pm and 1:00-5:00pm; Friday 10:00am-1:00pm
- Jazaer Farrar | Monday 10:30am-6:30pm; Tuesday 9:00am-2:00pm; Wednesday 8:30am-2:00pm;
- Mark Hannon | Monday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00-4:00pm; Tuesday 11:00am-1:00pm and 3:00-7:00pm; Thursday 8:00am-12:00pm and 3:00-5:00pm; Friday 8:00am-12:00pm
- Lauren Johnston | Monday 8:30am-1:00pm; Tuesday 8:30am-2:00pm; Thursday 8:30am–7:00pm; Friday 8:30am-1:00pm
- Sarah McAley | Monday 8:00am-1:30pm; Wednesday 12:00-4:30pm and 5:00-7:00pm; Thursday 10:00am-4:00pm; Friday 8:30-9:00am and 11:00am-4:00pm
- Shunda McGriff | Monday 11:30am-6:30pm; Wednesday 9:30am-2:00pm and 3:00-5:30pm; Thursday 9:30am-4:30pm; Friday 8:30am-12:30pm
- Juhelia Thompson | Monday 8:00am-2:00pm; Tuesday 9:00am-4:30pm; Wednesday 8:00am-2:00pm (OCS 10:00-11:40am); Thursday 10:30am-7:00pm
- Anthony Todd | Monday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00-5:00pm; Tuesday 8:00am-12:00pm and 1:00-3:00pm; Wednesday 8:00am-5:00pm; Thursday 8:00-11:00am and 12:00-4:00pm
- Sam Hinkle | Monday 10:00am-3:00 and 3:30pm-5:30pm; Tuesday 10:30am-12:30pm and 1:00pm-7:00pm; Thursday 9:30am-1:00pm and 3:00pm-5:00pm; Friday 9:00am-1:00pm
A professional counseling staff serves the academic, vocational and personal needs of students. The counseling staff assists students in determining career choices and in planning programs designed to reach their educational goals.
Individual counseling is available to assist students in developing greater self-awareness and problem-solving ability. Referrals to outside human services agencies are also available in the Counseling Center. Academic advising and Counseling services are available to all students at the Counseling Center.
- Adult Education: Learn about our services for adult education, obtaining your High School Equivalency (HSE), and English as a second language.
- Career Programs: View our list of career programs, short-term certificates, certificates and the Associate of Applied Science degree
- Catalog: Important information about college policies and regulations, the requirements for each degree, and course descriptions for each course offered.
- Course Descriptions: List of Course Codes and Links to Course Descriptions offered by the college.
- Financial Aid: Financial Aid and Veteran Services, Financial Aid frequently asked questions, and Scholarship opportunities.
- Placement Testing: Placement testing and schedule, ACT, SAT, CLEP, and DANTES, Illinois test of basic skills, and other testing information including links to practice testing.
- Programs of Study: An overview of all of our programs of study that lead to obtaining a certificate or degree. Includes course requirements and faculty advisors.
- Schedules: View our Current Schedule, Interactive Schedule, and Final Exam Schedules
- Student Services: Links to services for students such as Career Development, Admissions Office and Transfer Center.
- Transfer Programs: View the requirements for Baccalaureate/Transfer Programs, Graduation Requirements for Transfer Associate Degree Programs, along with a direct link to the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI) which helps you transfer college credits in Illinois.
- Special Tuition Programs: Did you know South Suburban College makes it easier than ever to return to college. See if you meet the qualifications of one of these waivers for free tuition for one credit class, or if you meet the qualifications for reduced tuition in one of our special tuition programs.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook:For hundreds of different types of jobs—such as teacher, lawyer, and nurse—the Occupational Outlook Handbook tells you:
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions