Scholarships will be awarded based on a student’s academic achievements, individual goals and faculty recommendations. While awards will be made regardless of personal or family financial status, preference will be given to:
- Those presently not receiving any other form of financial aid.
- Those who reside in College District 510.
Scholarships have been established through the generosity of businesses, associates and individuals. The criteria varies for each scholarship. Eligibility requirements have been established by the donors. Click this link to browse scholarships offered at SSC.
Scholarship recipients may be featured in college publications and local newspapers. Submitting the application gives SSC permission to share the names of recipients and applicants, as well as any photos or videos of these individuals for promotional purposes.
Prepare to provide the following while completing the scholarship application:
- Qualification Details (Basic, Academic & Financial Info)
- Personal Statement (250 words or less stating why a scholarship is important to your personal career goals)
- Recommendation Letter (E-mail address for a faculty member who you will request to provide a letter or recommendation)
- All future students need to complete the SSC admissions application prior to completing the next steps. It may take up to 24-hours to receive your SSC student credentials.
- All new and current students are required to complete an online application for SSC scholarships through AwardSpring. This is the only option to apply for scholarships. Click the “Sign In with Your School Account” button and follow the prompts to create an account using your SSC self-service login credentials.
- Once logged into AwardSpring, complete all of the prompts in the scholarship application.
- Make sure to submit your application.
- You will receive an e-mail that your application has been received. Please keep tabs on your AwardSpring account to ensure your letter of recommendation has been submitted by the faculty member that you select.
SSC students, transfer students and returning adults:
- For the majority of scholarships, fully completed scholarship applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 15, 2022, to be considered for the following academic year. Scholarship announcements will be made by Friday, May 16, 2022. Awards can be applied as early as the Summer 2022 Semester.
Graduating high school seniors in District 510:
- The Board of Trustees Scholarship application must be completed by June 30, 2022 and awards are made weekly through the deadline.
- SSC Foundation High School Scholarships may be applied for at any time and are awarded weekly while scholarships remain available.
Exceptions to these timelines are noted when browsing individual SSC scholarship descriptions.
The Carol Manning Student Assistance Fund and Rocky Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund are emergency assistance options available as funding permits. Look for more information once funding reopens in August 2022 from this webpage.
From time to time, SSC receives information from external foundations, companies and organizations regarding scholarship opportunities. SSC and the Foundation have no direct affiliation nor are involved with the selection process for the following scholarships: