Scholarship Application Process & Important Notes
The scholarship opportunities listed in this brochure will be awarded based on a student’s academic achievements, individual goals, and faculty recommendations. While awards will be made regardless of personal or family financial status, preference will be given to those presently not receiving any other form of financial aid. Preference will also be given to residents of College District 510, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship description.
Fully completed scholarship applications must be submitted no later than Friday, April 16, 2021, to be considered for the following academic year. Scholarship announcements will be made by May 15, 2021.
These scholarships have been established through the generosity of businesses, associations, and individuals. The criteria for each scholarship varies; eligibility requirements have been established by the donors.
All officially completed Scholarship Application Packets require the following items:
- Completed Application Form.
- Personal statement of 250 words or less stating why the scholarship is important to your personal career goals.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- Current transcript of grades. (Unofficial transcript is acceptable)
Unless otherwise noted, scholarship awards may be used to cover the cost of tuition, books, and up to $150 in academic supplies. Scholarships must be used within the following academic year unless otherwise noted. In some cases, scholarship recipients must maintain eligibility requirements for each semester the scholarship is awarded.
All applicants please note:
- Students with financial aid must use their financial aid prior to scholarship award money.
- Applications are only available online.
- Scholarship recipients may be featured in college publications and local newspapers. Signing the application form gives SSC permission to share the names of recipients and applicants, as well as any photographs for promotional purposes.
Scholarships Available to South Suburban College Students and Returning Adults
The time frame for General Student and Returning Adults Scholarship applications is now closed. These applications will open January, 2022.
Scholarships Available for Graduating High School Students
The Board of Trustees Scholarship application must be completed by June 30, 2021.
- Board of Trustees Scholarship
- Carl Buddig & Company Scholarship
- Charles & Mary Bartlett Memorial Scholarship
- High School Construction Technology Scholarship
- High School Dual Credit Scholarships
- High School Scholarships
- Illiana Financial Credit Union Scholarship
- Illiana-Your Door to Opportunity Scholarship
- Land O′Frost Scholarships
- Latino Outreach Scholarship
- One Million Degrees (OMD) Signature Scholarship Program at SSC
- Pearson Prentice Hall Technology Book Scholarships
- Providence Bank Scholarships
- Reverend Cartha McKenzie Sr. Scholarships
Scholarships Available to South Suburban College Students from External Contributors
From time to time, South Suburban College receives information from external foundations, companies, and organizations in regard to scholarship opportunities. SSC and the Foundation have no direct affiliation nor are involved with the selection process for the scholarships linked below:
- 3LAU “Everything” Scholarship
- African-American Entrepreneurs Grant — Female Award
- African-American Entrepreneurs Grant — Male Award
- CFF Foundation Education Awards
- Lawyers of Distinction Scholarship
- Little Bundle Supermom Scholarship
- Nancy Etz Scholarship
- Pettable Pet Lovers Scholarship
- The Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship
- WiseGeek Disability Scholarship
- WiseGeek Entrepreneurship Matters Scholarship