Scholarship Application Process & Important Notes
The scholarship opportunities listed in this brochure will be awarded based on a student’s academic achievements, individual goals, and faculty recommendations. While awards will be made regardless of personal or family financial status, preference will be given to those presently not receiving any other form of financial aid. Preference will also be given to residents of College District 510, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship description.
Unless otherwise noted, scholarship awards may be used to cover the cost of tuition, books, and up to $150 in academic supplies. Scholarships must be used within the following academic year unless otherwise noted. In some cases, scholarship recipients must maintain eligibility requirements for each semester the scholarship is awarded.
All applicants please note:
- Students with financial aid must use their financial aid prior to scholarship award money.
- Applications are only available online.
- Scholarship recipients may be featured in college publications and local newspapers. Signing the application form gives SSC permission to share the names of recipients and applicants, as well as any photographs for promotional purposes.
Scholarships Available to South Suburban College Students and Returning Adults
The time frame for General Student and Returning Adults Scholarship applications is now closed. These applications will open January, 2022.
Scholarships Available for Graduating High School Students
The time frame for scholarships applications for Graduating High School Students is now closed. These applications will open January, 2022.
Scholarships Available to South Suburban College Students from External Contributors
From time to time, South Suburban College receives information from external foundations, companies, and organizations in regard to scholarship opportunities. SSC and the Foundation have no direct affiliation nor are involved with the selection process for the scholarships linked below:
- 3LAU “Everything” Scholarship
- African-American Entrepreneurs Grant — Female Award
- African-American Entrepreneurs Grant — Male Award
- CFF Foundation Education Awards
- Lawyers of Distinction Scholarship
- Little Bundle Supermom Scholarship
- Nancy Etz Scholarship
- Pettable Pet Lovers Scholarship
- The Chairish “Design Your Future” Scholarship
- WiseGeek Disability Scholarship
- WiseGeek Entrepreneurship Matters Scholarship