SSC has Various Ways for You to Learn!
We are continuing our efforts to provide flexibility to college degree seekers with a wide range of course delivery options to choose from:.
- IN-PERSON CLASSES: Traditional in-person/on-campus classes.
- ONLINE CLASSES: Classes being offered 100% online using D2L Brightspace. Online classes are delivered entirely through the D2L Brightspace. Look for section numbers between 300-399. TBA indicates asynchronous instruction.
- VIRTUAL CLASSES: Virtual refers to synchronous online instruction through the D2L Brightspace Virtual Classroom. Days, and times will be listed in the schedule for required live sessions.
- SIMULCAST DELIVERY: Dual delivery class selection of limited in-person seating or virtual using D2L. Students must choose their preferred delivery mode section when registering. Virtual students are expected to be available at the scheduled class and lab times.
- BLENDED DELIVERY: Blended is a hybrid requiring students to meet in-person as well as complete additional requirements online through D2L Brightspace. Look for section numbers between 200-299. Days, times, and room numbers will be listed in the schedule for required in-person sessions.
Interactive Course Schedule
Alternate Credit Course Lists
Printable Credit Schedules
Fall 2022 MAIN CAMPUS Class Schedule **Updated 8/09/2022**
Fall 2022 OAK FOREST CENTER Class Schedule **Updated 8/09/2022**
Printable Non-Credit Schedules
Summer 2022 Non-Credit Class Schedule **Updated 05/24/22**
Information in these schedules is subject to change without notice.
How Do I Decode the Schedule?
M – Monday
T – Tuesday
W – Wednesday
TH – Thursday
F – Friday
S – Saturday
B – Sunday
EQ-TBA = Equipment Services Building, 351 W. 162nd, South Holland, To Be Announced
FC-FTLB = Physical Fitness and Athletic Center, Fitness Lab
FC-0125 = Physical Fitness and Athletic Center, North Gym
HO-CRST = Christ Hospital Site, Oak Lawn
HO-INGL = Ingalls Hospital, Harvey
HO-STJM = St. James Hospital, Chicago Heights
HO-TBA = Hospital Site, To Be Announced
MA = Main Campus, 15800 S. State Street, South Holland
MA-LH = Main Campus Lecture Hall A, B, C
MA-PAC = Main Campus Performing Arts Center
OF-TBA = Off Campus, To Be Announced
OFC = Oak Forest Center, 16333 S. Kilbourn, Oak Forest
ON-SITE = Location To Be Announced
ON-TBA = Main Campus, To Be Announced
PS = Prairie State College, Chicago Heights
Example: ENG 101 301 = English 101 Online
001-099 / Traditional start, face-to-face, full-term
201-259 / Blended, traditional start, full-term
260-299 / Blended, non-traditional start or length*
301-359 / Online, traditional start, full-term**
360-399 / Online, non-traditional start or length**
401-429 / Honors, traditional start, face-to-face, full-term
430-459 / Honors, online, traditional start, full term**
460-479 / Honors, non-traditional start or length, face-to-face*
480-499 / Honors, online, non-traditional start or length**
501-519 / OFC, traditional start, face-to-face, full-term.
530-539 / OFC, ALL Blended classes regardless of length
540-559 / OFC, starts during week 1 but does not run full term*
560-579 / OFC, starts between week 2 and 8*
580-599 / OFC, starts after midterm, during or after week 9*
601-699 / Non-Traditional start or length, face-to-face classes*
601-629 / Starts during week 1 but does not run for 16 weeks*
630-659 / Starts between week 2 and week 8*
660-699 / Starts after midterm during or after week 9*
701-799 / Non-credit
801-899 / Community Education
901-999 / Dual Credit
* These sections are non-traditional start or length – be careful to check start and end dates.
** These sections are Online.
Important Registration Notices
Attendance in any class and receipt of a grade is subject to official enrollment in and payment of the full tuition for the class.
If you are currently taking a prerequisite course and plan to register for the next course in a sequence, you will be expected to pass the prerequisite to continue your enrollment in the next course.
Please refer to our current SSC Catalog for co-requisites and pre-requisites of all courses. If further assistance is needed regarding course selection, please contact the Counseling Department at (708) 596-2000 x2306.
All students enrolled in courses at SSC should be prepared to access any online materials their instructor may require for the course. Traditional classroom based courses offered at SSC may include online homework, e-text, online assessment as well as additional materials and/or work available outside the classroom via the internet. The type of material and the extent of work will vary as determined by the instructor of each particular course. Internet access and computer labs are available to all students at the Main Campus and Oak Forest Center.