Recommended AS Transfer Curriculum for Pre-Pharmacy
This is only a suggested transfer program for Chicago State University College of Pharmacy, Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy, Purdue University College of Pharmacy and University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy.
Students must check with each university for all current requirements.
A potential student should take the placement test prior to scheduling an appointment with the program coordinator. For placement test information, please contact Admissions & Records at 705-596-2000 ext. 2329 or 2490.
All full-time transfer students are required to take OCS 121.
Minimum General Education (42-43)
|Communications (9)||Semester Hours|
|General Biology (8)|
|Human Anatomy [All Organ Systems] (8)|
|Microbiology [Purdue University Only] (4)|
|General Chemistry (10)|
|Organic Chemistry (10)|
|Biochemistry [Purdue University only] (3)|
|Immunology [Purdue University only] (3)|
|Physics (8) |
|MTH 203 (Purdue University Only)||5|
|MTH 211 (Midwestern University and Chicago State University)||4|
Chicago State University College of Pharmacy (12)
- Courses divided equally among Humanities and Social Science courses.
University of Illinois at Chicago (10)
- Must include a cultural diversity course as a requirement
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (3)
- Humanities (3)
- Electives (4)
Midwestern University Chicago College of Pharmacy (14)
- Recommended courses include Art/Humanities, Social/Behavioral sciences, Foreign Language, and Business/Computer courses.
- No restrictions on electives. Must have a minimum of 60 credit hours (includes all general pre-pharmacy core courses, electives, department credit, etc.). See the Purdue University website for full listing of courses.