The scholarship opportunities will be awarded based on a student’s academic achievements, individual goals, and faculty recommendations. While awards will be made regardless of personal or family financial status, preference will be given to those presently not receiving any other form of financial aid. Preference will also be given to residents of College District 510, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship description.
These scholarships have been established through the generosity of businesses, associations, and individuals. The criteria for each scholarship vary. Eligibility requirements have been established by the donors.
View the Scholarship Opportunities Booklet.
The following must be submitted no later than March 28, 2016 to be considered for the following academic year:
- Completed application: Scholarship for High School Graduates 2016 Application | 2016 SSC Student Scholarship Application
- Personal statement of 250 words or less stating why the scholarship is important to your personal career goals.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- Current transcript of grades.
Unless otherwise noted, scholarship awards may be used to cover the cost of tuition, books, and up to $150 in academic supplies. Scholarships must be used within the following academic year unless otherwise noted. In some cases, scholarship recipients must maintain eligibility requirements for each semester the scholarship is awarded.
Students with financial aid must use their financial aid prior to scholarship award money. Scholarship recipients may be featured in college publications and local newspapers.
Attention SSC students, Transfer Students and Returning Adults
Fully completed Scholarship Applications Packets must be submitted no later than Friday, March 28, 2016, to be considered for the following academic year. Scholarship announcements will be made by April, with an awards ceremony to be held during the Fall semester. (The few scholarship exceptions to these timelines are noted in the scholarship descriptions.)
Attention Graduating High School Seniors
The Board of Trustees Scholarship and SSCF High School scholarships may be applied for throughout the spring and summer on a first come first served basis.
All Applicants Please Note
Scholarship recipients may be featured in college publications and local newspapers. Signing the application form gives SSC permission to share the names of recipients and applicants, as well as any photographs for promotional purposes.
Scholarship awards ceremony to be announced.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE FOR GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Board of Trustees Scholarship
- Construction Technology Scholarship
- Irene Ramirez Memorial Scholarship
- SSC Foundation High School Scholarships
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE TO SOUTH SUBURBAN COLLEGE STUDENTS AND RETURNING ADULTS
- Abby Foundation Scholarship
- Bill Naegele Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Business & Career Institute Work Force Development Scholarship
- Carol Manning Student Assistance Fund
- Chlebicki Scholarship
- City Of Harvey 1st Ward Community – Service Scholarship Program
- Docter Enterprises, Bert J. Docter Second Chance Scholarship
- Don Kramer Memorial Music Scholarship
- Donna J. Yukich Memorial Scholarship
- Dr. Gloria J. Taylor Adult Education Scholarship
- Ed Miniat, Inc. 5th Generation Scholarships
- First Merchants Bank Scholarships
- Francis Meyer – Bank Calumet Scholarships
- Frank J. Pavelin Memorial Scholarship
- Frank L. Griffin Memorial Scholarship
- Frank Zuccarelli – Thornton Township Scholarship
- Fred Ring Memorial Scholarship
- GELITA USA – Chicago Gelatine Scholarship
- Hui-Ling Hite Scholarship
- Illinois Community College System Foundation (ICCSF) Healthcare Scholarship
- Irene Ramirez Memorial Scholarship
- J. Albert Kindig Memorial Scholarship
- J.E. & Henretta Richmond Scholarship
- Jane Dillon Memorial Scholarship
- Jean Sedlack Scholarship
- Jim Steimle Information Systems Scholarship
- Joe Adamek Accounting Scholarship
- John Marzullo Memorial Scholarship
- John Saphir Scholarship
- John Slager Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Karen Tews Returning Adult Scholarship
- Kay Manufacturing Scholarship
- Land O′Frost Scholarships
- Louise J. Pavelin Returning Adult Scholarship
- McKendree College/Illinois Community College System Foundation Partnership Scholarship
- Mi-Jack Products Educational Fund
- Next Career Scholarships
- One Million Degrees (OMD) Signature Scholarship Program at SSC
- Patricia Chase Magon Journalism Scholarships
- PBI Endowment Fund
- Pearson Prentice Hall Technology Book Scholarships
- Providence Bank Scholarships
- Ralph Jerry Berg Memorial Scholarship
- Regson Scholarship
- Reverend Cartha McKenzie Sr. Scholarships
- Rocky Clark Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Sean Laura Alumni Scholarship
- Smith V. Brand Scholarship
- SOLES Scholarship
- South Suburban College Foundation
- South Suburban College Foundation Returning Adult Scholarships
- South Suburban College Foundation Summer School Scholarships
- SSC Foundation Africa Scholarship
- SSC Foundation China Scholarship
- SSC Foundation Costa Rica Scholarship
- SSC Foundation France Scholarship
- Terrence Wright Memorial Scholarship
- Theda Hambright Scholarships
- UPS Scholarships
- VanEekeren Family Scholarships