Overview for College Success (OCS 121) is a course is designed to assist students in the navigation of becoming successful in college and life. Major topics include setting academic, career and personal goals; effective communication strategies; study skills; critical thinking; self-discovery; and learning styles. In addition, this course delves into topics such as stress management, diversity and other well-being topics. Students will develop educational and career plans, learn to utilize college resources and receive extensive help in course planning. OCS 121 credit is not calculated in the course minimum credit totals listed in this section.
Students must take OCS 121 if they meet one or more of the following:
- First time degree seeking students.
- Transfer student with less than 12 credit hours and no evidence of similar course on transcript.
- Registering for 6 or more credits.
- Test into 2 or more developmental classes.
- Currently does not have OCS credit or registered for OCS.