The Service Learning Program is an instructional method that combines service in the community with academic learning in the classroom wherein the objectives of the course are linked to service-learning. Students learn and develop through active participation in an organized service activity. By reflecting on their service activity, students increase their understanding of course content, appreciate the relevance of the course to everyday life, foster a sense of social and civic responsibility and increase self-worth through meaningful contribution to the community. This is an exciting new way to learn and apply textbook learning to real-world issues.
Spring 2021 Service Projects
- Earn Service Learning credits for your community service.
- Sign up on the FREE SSC Service Learning Community App Now available in the App store online or sign up at app.mobileserve.com.
- Attend Service Learning Monthly Virtual Forums:
- February 11th & March 11th: 2:00-3:00pm
- April 15th & May 6th: 1:00-2:00pm
Students are required to submit the SSC liability waiver (Form B) prior to participation.
Weekly opportunities are offered by SSC Community Partners such as Junior Achievement and Restoration Ministries. For more details, contact Service Learning Coordinator Millicent Collier, ext. 2664.