Sign Up For Dual Credit with South Suburban College and Get on the Fast Track to Completing Your College Degree While Saving Hundreds of Dollars – BECAUSE IT’S FREE
What is Dual Credit?
Dual credit at South Suburban College provides the opportunity for high school students to take college credit courses taught by college approved high school teachers.
You earn credit that goes toward your high school requirements and at the same time, you also earn college credit.
Dual credit courses are not pre-college or preparatory courses — they are college level courses.
Benefits of Dual Credit for Students:
- Reduces overall college costs.
- Dual Credit students will complete their degrees in less time.
- Facilitates the transition between high school and college.
- High school students are able to obtain college credit prior to graduation.
- Students enjoy the convenience of taking SSC Dual Credit courses within their high school daytime schedule.
Am I Eligible for a Dual Credit Course with South Suburban College?
To be eligible, a student:
- Must have completed appropriate high school courses with an average grade of “B” or better.
- Must go through High School Counselor.
How Do I Get Enrolled In a Dual Credit Course with South Suburban College?
- You will be notified via your high school teacher if in fact the high school course has been articulated as a SSC dual credit course.
- You need to complete an SSC application/registration and provide your social security number.
- Due dates are agreed upon by SSC and the high school.
- If the student misses the registration deadline, unfortunately there is not a late registration. Retroactive credit is not permitted.
- If you are undocumented, you are still eligible to participate in the dual credit program.
Students must meet the same academic criteria as those enrolled in traditional college courses, including placement testing and/or pre-requisites where applicable. (There is a $25 placement test fee that must be paid upfront before testing.)
South Suburban College’s Dual Credit Program complies with all state rules, regulations and guidelines.
Dual Credit Courses Offered for 2018-2019 School Year
|ACC 120||Financial Accounting|
|BLD 101||Construction Materials & Methods, Woods I|
|BUS 108||Introduction to Business|
|BUS 123||How to Start Your Own Small Business|
|BUS 133||Organization for Small Business|
|BUS 134||Marketing for Small Business|
|BUS 135||Accounting & Finance for Small Business|
|BUS 203||Principles of Marketing|
|BUS 111||Fashion Merchandising|
|CAD 100||Introduction to CADD|
|CAD 101||Basic Drawing and Design|
|CAD 109||Architectural Design and Drafting I|
|CAD 299||Topics in Computer Aided Design|
|COM 201||TV Production I|
|EGR 101||Engineering Graphics|
|ELC 102||Digital Electronics|
|FOS 101||Forensic Orientation|
|HLT 101||Health and Wellness|
|MIS 101||Computer Literacy & Applications|
|MIS 135||Internet Fundamentals|
|OAT 100||Basic Keyboarding Skills|
|OAT 135||Adobe Acrobat|
|PE 100||Physical Fitness I|